LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alvin Kamara would be nice and all, but the 49ers won't pay a RB $16M a yr or more, the days of the top RBs being paid $7.5M a yr like we did with McKinnon are over.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Alvin Kamara would be nice and all, but the 49ers won't pay a RB $16M a yr or more, the days of the top RBs being paid $7.5M a yr like we did with McKinnon are over.

Agree
https://mobile.twitter.com/rapsheet

Maybe we can get Sanu to help out WR core. He knows our system and is a solid football player. I'm sure Lynch will look into this.
[ Edited by Gkhoury2325 on Sep 2, 2020 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Hey that's interesting but we're good so nope.

I wanted him so bad in the 2017 draft. I just knew he'd be a beast in this offense then he fell to us and the niners traded out of the spot. I was so ticked in that moment.

Unfortunately we don't have the cap space anymore for him.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 2, 2020 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Based on the large volume of players that JL has run thru for a "look-see", of the players listed above who are still available, Lynch has probably not invited them in for a workout for one of two reasons:

—-can't afford them
or
—-can't Afford to have them in our locker room.

If they are really decent players who are good locker room guys, JL would have or will have them in . But those two reasons are probably the reasons those guys haven't been invited here. We keep hearing the name of AB.. well, he isn't here because of the same reason Bellichek fired him. ET is another, and there, his own teammates fired him. Between JL and KS, they avoid bad influences like the plague.

They had a fling with one of these as a first round draft pick, when there were red flags all over the place. That was a first round mistake and it was a doozie. They are NOT making that mistake again. So you can rule out ET and AB coming here, and same for any other malcontents out there.

I would also think *Youth* is a factor. Between getting an older all-pro with all the character baggage vs a younger player with similar but maybe lesser talent and *no* character issues, I would lean younger with no character issues.

Would agree with youth for sure. As far as "character issues", yes Reuben had red flags but Sabin crowned him as wonderful , happy go lucky guy, good to be around. And one helluva LB. Fast forward to 49ers....maybe Sabin didn't know a thing about Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde, but he either was doing a lousy job of knowing his star players, (he was the best LB in the draft, and could have gone 1-5, i believe) , or he was just flat out lying to help get his star LB a job. I would assume kyle and JL talked with him long before draft however, so , who knows, maybe Sabin was being a straight shooter. My guess? Nope.
i would bet anything a few days before draft JL was on the phone just checking on the "character" of Reuben because of the medical office asst trouble with Reuben, resulting in him being kicked out of combine. I bet anything as Reuben slipped down, and down and at pick 24, JL called Nick and asked, "are you sure about Reuben and his character?"

We'll never know but i bet something like that went down, as Reuben dropped lower and lower, and at #31, JL took him. Ergo, now...JL/Ks are damn sure of any "character" issue long before ANYBODY gets invited here. And , Reuben had "YOUTH" on his side.
Would i have taken him at #31 knowing what JL/KS knew then? Yep.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 2, 2020 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agree

Especially in our system that historically takes unknown's like Olandis Gary and Mostert and turns them into stars.
SOB.

• tyab
Originally posted by NCommand:
SOB.

Moore is a scrub. I don't know why people think he's some hall of fame defensive end. The hawks can get all these scrubs if they want too. Doesn't change the fact that they still have no defense and no o line.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agree

Especially in our system that historically takes unknown's like Olandis Gary and Mostert and turns them into stars.

Dude said Olandis Gary I have not heard that name in a while 😂
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tyab:
SOB.

Moore is a scrub. I don't know why people think he's some hall of fame defensive end. The hawks can get all these scrubs if they want too. Doesn't change the fact that they still have no defense and no o line.

Agree, but he's (in my opinion) a cut above scrub. Having said that, I am pretty confident in Kocureck and ShanaLynch and their eye for talent. If they think Hyder and Dion Jordan are more talented than Damontre, who am I to argue with those decisions.

Saints are trying to sign Clowney and you people still make a big fuss about "cap space" lmao
SOB.

who f'n cares
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
SOB.

who f'n cares

I do. Good depth player. Good kid too. And f**k Seattle.
Saints are trying to sign Clowney and you people still make a big fuss about "cap space" lmao

Always a way...if you really really want a guy. That doesn't mean you should but there's always a way.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 3, 2020 at 4:47 PM ]
I do. Good depth player. Good kid too. And f**k Seattle.

is he really though?
Share 49ersWebzone