• Chief
  • Veteran
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NCommand:

I much rather have Reed to be honest. Both are coming off injuries but Reed is younger and has had more time to rest since he didn't play last season.
Reed does have a concussion issue, one more can end his career.

Reed has been injury prone his entire career. Unless he is signing for peanuts, thats an easy pass for me.

Cheap replacements for kittle. Jed will be happy
[ Edited by susweel on Jul 29, 2020 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Chief:

Just thumping guys and making plays. Look at those shoulder pads...bring those back for DBs.
Well earned! He's exceeded expectations for sure.
I know he has a great supporting staff, I hope we keep all of those guys, but Lynch has far far far exceeded what people thought he would accomplish.

it doesn't matter if he is the brains behind everything or not, but he is definitely the character, leader, and personality behind our success at the front office.
Congratulations to both John and the Yorks. Class move all the way! We can't afford to lose Lynch. He's proved his weight in gold. There is a reason why players like Trent Williams pick the Niners #1. There is a reason why players like Jamaal Adams put the Niners on the top of his wish list. It's because they want to come play for an organization with John Lynch as GM. It all trickles down! With John Lynch at the helm, he has helped put the Niners on the map. All of a sudden we get those prime time games which FINALLY puts fans in the stadium seats. Yes, it all trickles down!

Super solid move for the franchise. I'm stoked!
Originally posted by pete98146:
Congratulations to both John and the Yorks. Class move all the way! We can't afford to lose Lynch. He's proved his weight in gold. There is a reason why players like Trent Williams pick the Niners #1. There is a reason why players like Jamaal Adams put the Niners on the top of his wish list. It's because they want to come play for an organization with John Lynch as GM. It all trickles down! With John Lynch at the helm, he has helped put the Niners on the map. All of a sudden we get those prime time games which FINALLY puts fans in the stadium seats. Yes, it all trickles down!

Super solid move for the franchise. I'm stoked!

Good post, +1.
Congratulations this extension is well deserved. From his playing days and his time in the booth he always seemed like a very smart person and he quickly helped build this team into a winner. Lynch and Kyle seem to work really well together and i cant wait to see what the future brings. For a first time GM he has done a real job and i'm glad for him and his family for this
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Grant will be pissed!

we taking care of what really is important on this team

Kyle and John

Kittle don't get so big on me.. i still make more money than you
His team got us to a super bowl so he earned it. He's been a good face for the team as well.
LOL at those that thought there were issues because this extension didn't happen the same day as Shanahan's...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Grant will be pissed!
Nobody:

Cohn:
"Do the latest extensions of Shanahan & Lynch signal that the 49ers are throwing money at the situation hoping the tension eases between the two?"
  • dj43
Originally posted by tankle104:
I know he has a great supporting staff, I hope we keep all of those guys, but Lynch has far far far exceeded what people thought he would accomplish.

it doesn't matter if he is the brains behind everything or not, but he is definitely the character, leader, and personality behind our success at the front office.

Many people did not consider the many hours Lynch spent with all the teams around the league in game prep for his broadcasting gig. He was far better prepared than most realized.
Share 49ersWebzone