LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The biggest issue with trading up is we leave ourselves little chance to address the MASSIVE hole at OG/C, along with zero prospective OT of the future. I suppose if Brunskill is that guy, that still leaves RG as an absolute mess.

It's pretty clear the plan for 2020 is to survive with what they have on OL. I'd expect a big push to upgrade it (and the defensive secondary) in the 2021 offseason.

Year 6 of the rebuild...finally give a s**t about protecting your QB. LOL

Coulda had Wirfs but I guess another DT was more important

Meanwhile, Saints continue to beef up that OL with Ruiz. That's what smart teams do when they don't have the most mobile QB.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Very underwhelmed

So?

Does that need an explanation?

Did it need to be posted?
Originally posted by Bloodless:
I know a lot of people are going to be upset that it seems like all we did was replaced the positions of players we lost. But we were in the super bowl last year. I care about if these two players are good or not. I have been saying the whole time that this team needed impact players not depth. Are these Guys good? Only time will tell for sure. I hope Kinlaw works out for Lynches sake because if he does not thats two DTs he has drafted that haven't worked out. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I was really high On Ayiuk, I think he fits this offense and what Jimmy G's Strengths are perfectly.

Nothing wrong with replacing those guys. That's what they should have done. It's only getting Tom Compton in free agency that ensured they didn't get any better. That's the biggest issue.
Meanwhile, Saints continue to beef up that OL with Ruiz. That's what smart teams do when they don't have the most mobile QB.

While I'm not sold on Kinlaw Ruiz would've been an awful choice at 14.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The biggest issue with trading up is we leave ourselves little chance to address the MASSIVE hole at OG/C, along with zero prospective OT of the future. I suppose if Brunskill is that guy, that still leaves RG as an absolute mess.

It's pretty clear the plan for 2020 is to survive with what they have on OL. I'd expect a big push to upgrade it (and the defensive secondary) in the 2021 offseason.

Year 6 of the rebuild...finally give a s**t about protecting your QB. LOL

Coulda had Wirfs but I guess another DT was more important

Taysom Hill is pretty mobile
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

While I'm not sold on Kinlaw Ruiz would've been an awful choice at 14.

How about at 24? Or Wirfs at 13?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
A dream draft.

Both players can easily surpass their predecessors in overall talent and contribution quickly.

In the case of Aiyuk -- he's a star in the making. Immediately a top PR/KR as well.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Taysom Hill is pretty mobile

Brees signed for 2 more years. They're always building up that OL.
Originally posted by okdkid:
A dream draft.

Both players can easily surpass their predecessors in overall talent and contribution quickly.

In the case of Aiyuk -- he's a star in the making. Immediately a top PR/KR as well.

I definitely like the added return skills. Kyle said he doesn't care who it is as long as he produces...not afraid of injury.
How about at 24? Or Wirfs at 13?

Unlikely Saints we're moving up.

I didn't want Wirfs. Don't want to move guys around the line and you don't take a guy at 13 that is gonna just sit for 2 years.

They have faith in Brunskill. It is what is is.

My issue is more not acquiring picks. Aiyuk is fine but I would've rather kept the picks. Hopefully players will be moved day 3.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
The FO got an F in free agency.

They get an A in this draft.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Deforest Buckner replacement = Kinlaw

Emmanuel Sanders replacement = Aiyuk

Pretty clear this is what they were going for.

Buckner replacement = Blacklock

Sanders replacement = Jeudy/Lamb

+ #117

Would've looked much better imo

So the Sanders + getting his replacement cost us:

Picks 31, 95, 117, 137, 176

That Hopkins trade is looking better and better.
Originally posted by KID9R:
This. I actually think other then RB and D Line, we have terrible depth and were lucky that we stayed as healthy as we did last year.

The only spot. I see them lacking depth is G. They have 3 great LBers, 3 excellent corners with solid backups.

Almost no teams can survive losing 3 players in 1 position.
Remember, there was no one decent in the 2018 offseason to fill the biggest need for edge rusher, so they did what they could and waited until the 2019 offseason and then got Ford and Bosa. It would have been nice to have a better edge rusher in 2018 but it wasn't in the cards. Waiting a year turned out okay, and they even doubled down on it. I would expect the same for OL and DB when the opportunity presents itself.
Share 49ersWebzone