LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 186 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wisecraft:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Cut Ford, sign Clowney. Trade back with the 13 pick to late teens and draft the pass rusher from LSU. Draft best wr/corner with the 31st pick. Draft some interior line with the pick in low 2nd or high 3rd round. Just a idea to see what you guys think. The kid from LSU (Chaisson) looks like he's got a lot of potential.

1. Ford's salary is now GTD as of April 1 and 2. Clowney is so overrated.
Good point about Ford, I stand corrected..Clowney as a whole is overrated, we saw what he is capable of. He dominated the game vs the 49ers like nobody else this past year.

That was the only game he dominated all year...
Clowney played his best game against us. There is so much talent on the 49ers front seven adding him to the mix would be awesome. Whom do you double team, Bosa, Armstead, Ford, DJ? There aren't enough offensive players to double team that kind of talent. If the price is right go after him.
When healthy Ford is a perfect fit here due to being a speed rusher. That pairs perfectly in a wide 9 along with Bosa/ good interior rush. No way should we even consider Clowney and I got nothing against him as a talent.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
When healthy Ford is a perfect fit here due to being a speed rusher. That pairs perfectly in a wide 9 along with Bosa/ good interior rush. No way should we even consider Clowney and I got nothing against him as a talent.

You certainly get it!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Clowney played his best game against us. There is so much talent on the 49ers front seven adding him to the mix would be awesome. Whom do you double team, Bosa, Armstead, Ford, DJ? There aren't enough offensive players to double team that kind of talent. If the price is right go after him.

The price won't be right.

Reminds me of some strange people on here who want us to replace Jimmy G.

Like do these people actually want to make the team better or do they just want us to be flashy and make our offseason entertaining? It's weird.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Apr 10, 2020 at 6:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Like do these people actually want to make the team better or do they just want to be flashy and make our offseason entertaining? It's weird.

Fans rarely have patience these days. And understandably patience when you appear to be in a SB win window is lowered even more.

I just think Jimmy was able to get us to the SB on a less than 100% knee with lots of injuries to the OL, this was his first season as a starter where he finally has over 16 starts under his belt. Nothing is guaranteed but arrow should be pointing up.

Bringing in someone else who hasn't worked with Kyle before and who doesn't know this roster and who hasn't proven that they can win with this roster and getting rid of the young guy who logically should keep getting better is an odd take...
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Like do these people actually want to make the team better or do they just want to be flashy and make our offseason entertaining? It's weird.

Fans rarely have patience these days. And understandably patience when you appear to be in a SB win window is lowered even more.

I just think Jimmy was able to get us to the SB on a less than 100% knee with lots of injuries to the OL, this was his first season as a starter where he finally has over 16 starts under his belt. Nothing is guaranteed but arrow should be pointing up.

Bringing in someone else who hasn't worked with Kyle before and who doesn't know this roster and who hasn't proven that they can win with this roster and getting rid of the young guy who logically should keep getting better is an odd take...
Originally posted by NCommand:

You certainly get it!
Says who? I don't see Ford's knee getting any better. His knee will get worse every year. When the knee is bad it affects the whole leg and all the muscles around the knee. The idea with Clowney, was to sign him to a "Prove it", deal. Trade back to aquire more picks and depth. We are in a unique situation with a 1st round pick in the top half of the draft. Pass rushers are hard to find and so is quality depth. We got to the Super Bowl with depth last year. We need a young pass rusher to pair with a young Bosa. Ford won't be here after this next season. With more teams making the playoffs, the game has changed. So yeah, I "Get it", too
Seriously John. You're late to the train here.

Yeah, the NFC West is no joke next year. We are all going to beat each other up. I would say it's good for us, the Patriots succeed playing in a s**tty division

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Yeah, the NFC West is no joke next year. We are all going to beat each other up. I would say it's good for us, the Patriots succeed playing in a s**tty division

well, we just can not depend on other teams in our division losing people.. right now we are not as good of a football team as we were at the end of the year. i trust hope and pray that situation will be corrected after the draft.. lynch and kyle.. as we need an elite wide out. a better d tackle than what we have now. at least one upgrade to the o line and maybe 2 and a very very good secondary guy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

jimmys knee in no way should be used as an excuse for his poor play vs the chiefs and the over throw. i do not think he needs to be replaced and in regards to the o line.. i think a infusion of better people is more of a better excuse than injuries

Let's call Bill and offer a 2021 2nd for Watt!
Ahem....to the people saying pass on the top 3 WRs in the draft for OL,are you out of your minds?!??! Emmanuel Sanders is gone, all we got reliably after that is Deebo. Everybody else on that roster is a hope and prayer. Do you want to go back to the Harbaugh days where all we did was kick field goals, cause that's where we're heading if you guys get your way.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Ahem....to the people saying pass on the top 3 WRs in the draft for OL,are you out of your minds?!??! Emmanuel Sanders is gone, all we got reliably after that is Deebo. Everybody else on that roster is a hope and prayer. Do you want to go back to the Harbaugh days where all we did was kick field goals, cause that's where we're heading if you guys get your way.

seems like to many are going back to .. well we hope and dream that goodwin and pettis will finally step up and we hope hurd and taylor will be healthy.. hoping and dreaming and hoping dreams come true did not work last year. thus sanders. i get the need for a o line guy and i get the deep draft for a wide out.. but i just think replacing a guy who made a huge difference for us is the biggest need. wide out. o line and a need for a better d tackle for buck that what we have are the focus areas
Share 49ersWebzone