LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by All22:
I'm not against drafting CJ Henderson at 13 and Claypool or Mihms at 31

I was thinking the same about Henderson as a possibility at 13. He could step right in and be an immediate playmaking CB. Then, at 31, I'm kind of hoping for a trade back to hopefully get a 2 & 3 in return.
So far this team as gotten worse in FA. Resigned a bunch of depth guys lost a blue chip player.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So far this team as gotten worse in FA. Resigned a bunch of depth guys lost a blue chip player.

Yup.

If the goal was to free up money by not paying Buckner to get better as a team, this ain't it. #Moneyball

This just seems like a move to give John something to do on day 1...and maybe day 2 with a trade back.
BTW, is there one bad team in the NFC right now? Absolutely stacked.
So per Ian Rap, the Chargers are sticking with Tyrod Taylor as their starting QB. To me that screams bridge QB/rebuild while they develop whoever they draft #6 overall.

If I'm John Lynch, I'd be very, VERY tempted to give the Chargers a call about Joey Bosa and/or Keenan Allen. Both are set to be free agents in a year and the Chargers don't seem to be a team looking to win it all this year (especially with the Chiefs in their division).
Originally posted by NCommand:

Panthers.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Panthers.

I think that might be fair. LOL
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Pretty much.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I would try everything to resign Damontre Moore on a team friendly contract.
Before his injury, the man was impressive.
His bullrush on Bakhtiari against the Packers, damn.

Yep. Kyle said it himself. Teams never stay the same, they either get better or worse. So far we've lost Buckner and likely Sanders. We've gotten worse thus far.

Part of me wonders if we keep Goodwin and trade or release Coleman instead. Say we draft Ruggs or Reagor.

Deebo + Ruggs + Goodwin + Hurd + Mostert is quite the combination of speed and power on offense.
Drafted Thomas and traded DeFo.
He is a dunce when it comes to the interior DL.
I'd rather have Buckner than Armstead and Ward.

The only thing that would make me feel a little better about the loss of Buckner is if the Niners absolutely nail the 13th pick. I'm talking drafting a guy that becomes a pro bowl level WR.
[ Edited by Costanza on Mar 18, 2020 at 11:48 AM ]

They should have another $2.5m in cap room, too, as I don't think this is factoring in the new "Veteran Salary Benefit".
Share 49ersWebzone