LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stefano89:
if the FO was really interested in that denver center thats a good sign cause at least we know they are aware of our IOL problems

NinerGM on suicide watch
if the FO was really interested in that denver center thats a good sign cause at least we know they are aware of our IOL problems

They also met with one of the top centers at the combine. They know they need to upgrade
The fact we haven't done anything with Sanders makes me think he wants too much or we have our eyes set on someone else via the draft or trade market. I think Sanders is the only wr we'll look to sign in the FA pool
Robbie Anderson please.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by elguapo:
Robbie Anderson please.

He's a good deep ball threat but we have nobody that can throw a good deep ball.
Robbie Anderson please.

Not when he wants 14 million a year. Paraag can sell him though to think he's getting that lol
Originally posted by susweel:
Robbie Anderson please.

He's a good deep ball threat but we have nobody that can throw a good deep ball.

Someone with 4.3 speed can catch it.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
This is what long term sustainability looks like, gents. It isn't guaranteed, of course, but this type of management is what gives you the best chance to compete annually. If we hit another draft out of the park, boy will we be sitting pretty.

I guess we lose to the Bucs this year in the NFCCG. #AgendaClear

That's the way I'm looking at it.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If lynch can land a real franchise qb wth the 13th pick then the buckner trade will be worth it.
f**k it lynch trade up for chase young
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by communist:
Armstead over Buckner... yeah, right.

That's not what happened tho.

More like :

Armstead + Ward + 13th pick in a great draft over Buckner

Easy choice.
Buckner was THE cornerstone of this defense. Not AA, not Ward.

I love DeFo and consider him a beast but the same argument could be made for Bosa, Sherman or Warner IMO. Nobody likes losing Buckner but it's at least a stacked position group and I love that potential for the 13th pick.
Originally posted by saniner:

They also met with one of the top centers at the combine. They know they need to upgrade

Richburg injury insurance.
What's the point of a great pass rush if the rest of the defense sucks? That would have been the case if we paid Defo $21 Million per year. We would have lost multiple key players on the defense and still lacked cap space. Oh and wouldn't have that #13 pick. Our run defense in particular would have been much worse since AA was better in that regard.

AA+Ward+#13 pick+cap space>>>>>>>Buckner
Share 49ersWebzone