LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Still can't believe Clown Lynch kept often injured players like armsdud and ward over healthy dominant player like buck.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Man he has really screwed up this offseason.

Re-signing the two players he should have let walk. Trading the best player on defense. And then keeping an injured RB who won't see the field.

This reminds me of last season when people were pissed we signed Jimmie Ward and kept Armstead.

thats why you just sit back and laugh or roll your eyes, either one.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by communist:
Armstead over Buckner... yeah, right.

That's not what happened tho.

More like :

Armstead + Ward + 13th pick in a great draft over Buckner

Easy choice.

really depends on how you see Bucko... is he a SUPERSTAR in your opinion??

Superstar? Not quite, but pretty close.

His stats went down last year though. I think he had like 5 less sacks.

Loved him though.
Originally posted by Snitch:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by communist:
Armstead over Buckner... yeah, right.

That's not what happened tho.

More like :

Armstead + Ward + 13th pick in a great draft over Buckner

Easy choice.

really depends on how you see Bucko... is he a SUPERSTAR in your opinion??

Superstar? Not quite, but pretty close.

His stats went down last year though. I think he had like 5 less sacks.

Loved him though.

Stats dont tell the real story. DeFo had similar overall years from 2017-2019,I'd say top 5 among DT's. His sacks were 3, 12, and 7.5. Same could be said for AA in 2018 and 2019, the stats look a lot different but his overall play was similar.
Almost looks like the Baalke era, get players who are less proven and injured often for discounts.
Originally posted by genus49:
This reminds me of last season when people were pissed we signed Jimmie Ward and kept Armstead.

Exactly. I don't get what people are crying about. We were in the Super Bowl this year. We managed to keep the entire team together minus Buckner. We now have two first round picks going into the draft and cap wise we should be able to keep some key players going forward like Kittle. Some people are just going to complain no matter what I guess.
Lynch is winning the off-season big time. Well done. Let's see what happens in the draft for the capstone.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
They're going to need another strong draft for this off-season to be successful.

I'd say this off-season has been pretty successful so far.
And it's only 2 days in....
[ Edited by braap49er on Mar 17, 2020 at 1:52 PM ]
They're going to need another strong draft for this off-season to be successful.

Indeed.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Man he has really screwed up this offseason.

Re-signing the two players he should have let walk. Trading the best player on defense. And then keeping an injured RB who won't see the field.

I know this really, really hurts for you and some posters on here to hear.

But after going from second-worst in the league to a Super Bowl contender, I think Lynch deserves the benefit of the doubt.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Mar 17, 2020 at 2:01 PM ]

Can't you say that about every off season? Draft is always the most important entity in a capped league.
I think JL nailed it !
great move
they keep the affordable and on the rise Armstead and traded DeFo because they wouldn't gain much more the other way around
plus they gain some more salary cap and a very very valuable 1st round pick that give them so many moves :
- they can pick a talented player
- they can pack their two first for the #6 or 7th pick
- they can trade down with a QB needy team à la KC or Arizona who gave a lot of picks to trade up to acquire their future QB (Rosen and Mahomes)
i love this move !
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Can't you say that about every off season? Draft is always the most important entity in a capped league.

Yep but considering what we just gave up it's even more important now.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Almost looks like the Baalke era, get players who are less proven and injured often for discounts.

Lol what did you think they were gonna do this off season? They came into FA with $9m in cap space
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I know this really, really hurts for you and some posters on here to hear.

But after going from second-worst in the league to a Super Bowl contender, I think Lynch deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I mean who were the big stud FAs we missed out on? This FA class wasn't special at all.

They tried to resign buck for a yr and weren't gonna pay him $21m per. Great player but the only DT that should be making $20M+ is Donald.
Share 49ersWebzone