LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just for the love of god keep Mullens, unless someone desperate offers a 2nd rd pick, then I'd consider it, but damn Mullens played so well when Jimmy went down, well after CJB sucked it up. I doubt Beathard would net more than a conditional 7th.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Just for the love of god keep Mullens, unless someone desperate offers a 2nd rd pick, then I'd consider it, but damn Mullens played so well when Jimmy went down, well after CJB sucked it up. I doubt Beathard would net more than a conditional 7th.

I honestly dont know if Id take a 2nd at this point. If this was another year of "building" Id probably do it in a heartbeat. But we can compete this year, and if Jimmy (god forbid) goes down, Mullens and this defense can still contend.
Updated Draft Picks for 2020 for the 49ers

Own 1st Round
Own 5th Round
DEN 5th Round
Own 6th Round
Own 7th Round
DET 7th Round

So 6 picks, not much, but we will do trading, plus we already have a deep and talented roster, so I doubt many rookies will make the 2020 roster, especially if we go deep in the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but 6 wins is a huge success right now, I said 9-7 or 10-6, now I think we're a 12-14 win team, hopefully #1 seed in the NFC.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

I honestly dont know if Id take a 2nd at this point. If this was another year of "building" Id probably do it in a heartbeat. But we can compete this year, and if Jimmy (god forbid) goes down, Mullens and this defense can still contend.

Agreed. I'm against trading Mullens, Beathard is crap. Waste of a roster spot, we could be keeping an extra DB, OL, or DL rather than him. Or 7 WRs.

Own 1st Round
Comp 3rd or 4th for Sanders
Own 5th Round
DEN 5th Round
Own 6th Round
Own 7th Round
DET 7th Round

So 6 picks, not much, but we will do trading, plus we already have a deep and talented roster, so I doubt many rookies will make the 2020 roster, especially if we go deep in the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but 6 wins is a huge success right now, I said 9-7 or 10-6, now I think we're a 12-14 win team, hopefully #1 seed in the NFC.

I think we let Sanders walk after this season as we develop Hurd, Taylor, Deebo, Pettis
[ Edited by Shorteous on Oct 22, 2019 at 7:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Shorteous:
I think we let Sanders walk after this season as we develop Hurd, Taylor, Deebo, Pettis

That comp(if they received one) wouldnt be until 2021. It comes the following year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That comp(if they received one) wouldnt be until 2021. It comes the following year.

And it will be a 6th or 7th. It is heavily weighted on the new contract he gets. Which, at his age, won't be much. Though I do appreciate the optimism.

Own 1st Round
Own 5th Round
DEN 5th Round
Own 6th Round
Own 7th Round
DET 7th Round

Move down in the 1st then take those lower round pick to move up for players they want...I'm cool if they come away with 4 players
Originally posted by okdkid:
And it will be a 6th or 7th. It is heavily weighted on the new contract he gets. Which, at his age, won't be much. Though I do appreciate the optimism.

Golden Tate is a yr younger and got $37M from NY, Philly got a 4th rd comp.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 22, 2019 at 7:17 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Golden Tate is a yr younger and got $37M from NY, Philly got a 4th rd comp.

It is not a 1:1 compare. People need to stop acting like comp picks are provided in isolation. The league judges all free agent movement. Not just picks for one player. Much more went into the Eagles 4th round pick than the mere fact they lost Tate. Also, Sanders won't get that contract.
[ Edited by okdkid on Oct 22, 2019 at 7:19 PM ]

Own 1st Round
Comp 3rd or 4th for Sanders
Own 5th Round
DEN 5th Round
Own 6th Round
Own 7th Round
DET 7th Round

I don't think you can get a comp pick for a guy over 30. Also the comp picks aren't until the year after you lose the player so would be 2021 draft.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bdiddy1724:
I don't think you can get a comp pick for a guy over 30. Also the comp picks aren't until the year after you lose the player so would be 2021 draft.

You can - but the league awards comp picks based on the totality of your FA net losses. Not for simply losing a guy
It is not a 1:1 compare. People need to stop acting like comp picks are provided in isolation. The league judges all free agent movement. Not just picks for one player. Much more went into the Eagles 4th round pick than the mere fact they lost Tate. Also, Sanders won't get that contract.

No need to talk to me like I don't understand how it works I do...there's a formula and it's based off many things. One being who we sign in FA (which won't be much if anything) and who leaves and how much their contract is.

Why couldn't he get a comparable contract? Tate wasn't some rock star last yr especially in Philly. $37M isn't a ton of cash and go look at teams cap space next yr...there's a f**k ton of money out there.

It was an example of a similar player that's right around the same age.

You can - but the league awards comp picks based on the totality of your FA net losses. Not for simply losing a guy

Arik Armstead + Emmanuel Sanders will net us something.

Ah yes you can, Philly got a 4th for Tate last yr.
Share 49ersWebzone