LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
The Pats have a simple formula for their roster. Keep the FQB from being injured and we will have. Winning season and go to the playoffs. Their RBs and WRs wouldn't necessarily be stars on other rosters, they turn their D players over quickly too.The Colts didn't figure this out until it was too late and Luck was beaten to near death every year.

Waiting for the others to say ...but Jimmy was hurt running on his own. But watch our games, if Richburg and our guards are not up to speed JG will be in trouble.

If that's the formula why have they let their 2 starting LTs walk the past 2 offseasons?

They had a top 10 line (#6) before camp ended.

Ok, Their starting LT is a converted Guard that has never played a game in the NFL, but sure, training camp rankings are fun!
[ Edited by flynhayn15 on Sep 2, 2019 at 10:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hoyer just signed a 3yr $12M deal to back up Brissett in Indy. We really couldn't move Beathard there ? Did we ask for a second or higher?

The Colts wanted a veteran to back up Brissett. How was CJ going to help him in anyway? Hoyer is not great by any means but he's been around the block twice. He provides another set of eyes that can help a young QB.

Hoyer is done in the nfl as serviceable QB and he must have a great agent. If Brissett goes down to injury Hoyer isn't going to take the hits CJ would. When Luck retired I thought that was a great opening for ShanyLynch to get something done.
The Pats have a simple formula for their roster. Keep the FQB from being injured and we will have. Winning season and go to the playoffs. Their RBs and WRs wouldn't necessarily be stars on other rosters, they turn their D players over quickly too.The Colts didn't figure this out until it was too late and Luck was beaten to near death every year.

Waiting for the others to say ...but Jimmy was hurt running on his own. But watch our games, if Richburg and our guards are not up to speed JG will be in trouble.

If that's the formula why have they let their 2 starting LTs walk the past 2 offseasons?

Ok, Their starting LT is a converted Guard that has never played a game in the NFL, but sure, training camp rankings are fun!

Let's see how their line does compared to ours over the course of the year. Can't doubt Bellichick, he'll find a way, legal or not.
You giving back Bosa or Deebo or both for the premium OL in the draft? If you answer is no, the OT that the Patriots drafted in the 3rd round isn't even starting for them. The FO's assessment of last years Edge Rushers and Mcglinchey, was correct. Maybe we can give them the benefit of the doubt about their years OLinemen.

Also, they don't have a crystal ball. They went into the draft and free agency thinking that Shon Coleman would be their swing tackle all season. They could have passed on a bunch of prospects in lieu of other positions because they thought Coleman was better than all of them. You can't hold injuries against our FO. That's like saying they didn't do enough to address the QB position, because we ended last season with Mullens and Beathard.

f**king great post. I concur. Some people lack logic when making these arguments

Let's see how their line does compared to ours over the course of the year. Can't doubt Bellichick, he'll find a way, legal or not.

Their line isn't that good. Tom Brady's quick release makes them LOOK worlds better. Just like in 2017 when our line went from one of the worst in the league to top 12 I believe. Quick release qbs mask ol issues in pass blocking immensely
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
giving JL props for drawing a line in the sand and sticking to it on the value of our backup qbs Kyle has developed

I just would like to take the time to appreciate your handle. I love that name. So much so my fantasy football team name is......AquiverRunsThruIt
Originally posted by elguapo:

Their line isn't that good. Tom Brady's quick release makes them LOOK worlds better. Just like in 2017 when our line went from one of the worst in the league to top 12 I believe. Quick release qbs mask ol issues in pass blocking immensely

I agree with the quick release, but we need the Center to be solid. JG will have to play out of the shotgun if we're having backup centers go.

I agree with the quick release, but we need the Center to be solid. JG will have to play out of the shotgun if we're having backup centers go.

pretty much this. Also as much as we like to say Jimmy's quick release is good, it could use improvement ala passes being batted down during preseason.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

pretty much this. Also as much as we like to say Jimmy's quick release is good, it could use improvement ala passes being batted down during preseason.

True but the passes batted down at the line of scrimmage is not jimmy. It's the backup guards and centers letting the dL get too much push
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

True but the passes batted down at the line of scrimmage is not jimmy. It's the backup guards and centers letting the dL get too much push

Actually if you are talking about the Denver game, the Dlineman got stoned at the line and the only think he could do was put his hand up. Unfortunately, he just so happened to be in the passing lane.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Hoyer just signed a 3yr $12M deal to back up Brissett in Indy. We really couldn't move Beathard there ? Did we ask for a second or higher?

I heard it was a mid-round pick. I'll give these guys some slack though, as they've never traded their own QB before.

As someone else said, Kyle is going to have to learn to let go of players he's developed at some point, or he's going to get into cap hell. Bellicheat let Ty Law and Nate Solder go, this dude is cold blooded. Kyle isnt there yet.

I don't mind keeping three this year, we don't know for sure how Jimmy is gonna hold up over the year. I would want something good in return to give up the insurance policy that a third string QB of C.J.'s caliber represents. For all his flaws, there are teams out there right now that would love to have him as their second, much less third.

Hi "way" is named Tom Brady. Even without functional legs he knows pockets like few others and the ball comes out in a blink to wherever you stole coverage from the get pressure.
Alright, we need AB. The Cowboys really were the first modern team in actual salary cap hell. And they just locked everyone up?

How. In. The. Hell.

I half-joke about how the cap is a myth but maybe it really is.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Alright, we need AB. The Cowboys really were the first modern team in actual salary cap hell. And they just locked everyone up?

How. In. The. Hell.

Locked everyone up? Far as I know they still haven't finalized Zeke's new deal. Still have Dak and Cooper to work on as well.
Originally posted by NCommand:

How. In. The. Hell.

They are still paying a QB on a rookie 4th round contract. That helps a lot. They might be willing to let him go and draft his replacement too.

Share 49ersWebzone