LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 332 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They are definitely poaching all the top local paper guys. Here we've lost Matt Barrows, Sam Amick (although he went to USA Today first) and Jason Jones (who sucked). I think we have 1 sports writer on the local paper now

I wish someone would poach Grant Cohn and take him far away, like in the United Arab Emirates.

Lol.

Freaking awesome

You want to change your username?
Originally posted by English:
They are definitely poaching all the top local paper guys. Here we've lost Matt Barrows, Sam Amick (although he went to USA Today first) and Jason Jones (who sucked). I think we have 1 sports writer on the local paper now

I wish someone would poach Grant Cohn and take him far away, like in the United Arab Emirates.

Lol.

Freaking awesome

Can I change mine to IhaveCohnsdisease?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by English:

Lol.

Freaking awesome

Can I change mine to IhaveCohnsdisease?

Gonna have to think about that one!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SeattleNinersFan:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I do think Saleh is the fall guy this season depending on what happens. I think around 8 wins...everyone stays. Less than that someone will take the fall...Saleh probably. I think Kyle and John will get one more season together unless the team falls flat on their face with 4 wins. If that happens...Lynch and Saleh are gone. I think Kyle stays almost regardless of what happens as long as the offense keeps putting up points and trending up in the league.

This falls in line with my thinking. If we have another bottom 3rd Defense, Saleh is gone. if we are in a top half of the league in defense and we are not in the playoffs I would be shocked.

Kyle's too good an offensive coach to let go, and Kyle's not attached to any of his assistants like Harbaugh was. I can see them letting Saleh be the scapegoat. Heck, I think he was the problem pretty much the last couple of years, in a sense. Not that it was all his fault. I wouldn't be sad if Saleh was tossed - if we have a subpar season. We shouldn't, with all the defensive firepower we have on paper.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SeattleNinersFan:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I do think Saleh is the fall guy this season depending on what happens. I think around 8 wins...everyone stays. Less than that someone will take the fall...Saleh probably. I think Kyle and John will get one more season together unless the team falls flat on their face with 4 wins. If that happens...Lynch and Saleh are gone. I think Kyle stays almost regardless of what happens as long as the offense keeps putting up points and trending up in the league.

This falls in line with my thinking. If we have another bottom 3rd Defense, Saleh is gone. if we are in a top half of the league in defense and we are not in the playoffs I would be shocked.

Kyle's too good an offensive coach to let go, and Kyle's not attached to any of his assistants like Harbaugh was. I can see them letting Saleh be the scapegoat. Heck, I think he was the problem pretty much the last couple of years, in a sense. Not that it was all his fault. I wouldn't be sad if Saleh was tossed - if we have a subpar season. We shouldn't, with all the defensive firepower we have on paper.

Would Shanahan be willing to cut Lynch loose or is Lynch Shanahan's Greg Roman?
Called it.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Called it.

Good riddence!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Would Shanahan be willing to cut Lynch loose or is Lynch Shanahan's Greg Roman?

I think it's Shanahan's call. Kyle hired Lynch, so there's that dynamic. But all Lynch has to do is basically be a good assistant to Kyle and he's done his job. The head guy is the Coach, and basically that's how I read the relationship. Very similar to the Walsh McVay dynamic - all McVay did was get the players for Walsh. (I.e. scouting, film, interviewing, talking to coaches - getting that info to Kyle so he can make the player acquisition decisions) The rest was Walsh figuring it out.
Called it.

Man they're picking up all our scraps now.
Called it.

Unreal

Called it.

He doesn't work for the Seahawks. He's just covering them for NBCSN. He's basically taking the Seahawk equivalent of the Matt Maiocco role.

[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Jul 16, 2019 at 8:46 PM ]
Called it.

LMFAO, Pete Carrol. This guy always takes a jab at us. It's like a running gag at this point.
Hope this means we get to see more of Keiana Martin

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Called it.

He doesn't work for the Seahawks. He's just covering them for NBCSN. He's basically taking the Seahawk equivalent of the Matt Maiocco role.

So he's still tied to the Seahawks is what you are saying.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So he's still tied to the Seahawks is what you are saying.

he probably grew up a huge seahawks fan lol who cares, good for him he gets to move back home and get paid more
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jul 17, 2019 at 1:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone