LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

It's not that I am worried about cap space, but wanting to dump the dead weight. Cut or trade Garcon, Mitchell, and AA should give us even more space. Those combined salaries would bring us 3-5 quality veterans. Only reason I left off Garnett is because he won't make much in year 4, so it won't hurt if he's in training camp next year.

Totally agree!

I don't see them dumping AA....A trade would be ideal.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

It's not that I am worried about cap space, but wanting to dump the dead weight. Cut or trade Garcon, Mitchell, and AA should give us even more space. Those combined salaries would bring us 3-5 quality veterans. Only reason I left off Garnett is because he won't make much in year 4, so it won't hurt if he's in training camp next year.

Totally agree!

I don't see them dumping AA....A trade would be ideal.

Yeah, only way AA is cut/traded is if they really like Thomas, Taylor or Street there at BE. They had no issue letting a "darn near elite 6T" go in Tank Carradine so who knows. A Big End isn't hard to find at all unless you want him to also be a dynamic pass rusher too.
News flash: John lynch just reported that they are moving Solly into the middle and "let's see what he can do inside".

Really? About time to own up to a goof up. But glad to have him on board. Maybe he does read this scandal sheet after all. Nah, he just finally put the "Move Solomon to the outside" to bed. Thank the Lord, and pass the ammo. Now, maybe we get started on the riight foot for 2019. Wunderbar.!

Hey, its a start.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Nov 23, 2018 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
News flash: John lynch just reported that they are moving Solly into the middle and "let's see what he can do inside".

Really? About time to own up to a goof up. But glad to have him on board. Maybe he does read this scandal sheet after all. Nah, he just finally put the "Move Solomon to the outside" to bed. Thank the Lord, and pass the ammo. Now, maybe we get started on the riight foot for 2019. Wunderbar.!

Hey, its a start.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Hey, its a start.

Earl Mitchell will be a clear cut goner if Thomas performs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Earl Mitchell will be a clear cut goner if Thomas performs.

Yes...

Hey, its a start.

Could be seen as an indictment of Saleh. Either a lightbulb went off in his head or they all sat down and had a come to Jesus meeting and this was one of the moves that were "suggested" to him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hey, its a start.

Could be seen as an indictment of Saleh. Either a lightbulb went off in his head or they all sat down and had a come to Jesus meeting and this was one of the moves that were "suggested" to him.

Hopefully, that play calling vs. the Giants was horrible, Manning took apart his defense like this was his Super Bowl year.
This team could be so much better with a proven play caller like maybe Todd Bowles or even Greg Williams. But since Shanahan most likely will be keeping Saleh around, they gotta make some changes!!!
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
We suck this bad and we aren't #1 in cap space?

Ok that's depressing

JG

Indy
Seattle
Bengals
Raiders

All have franchise qbs

On different deal structures - Jimmy's contract is weighted upfront and a huge hit on years one and two.

Hey, its a start.

I don't believe it for a second. After the game, the media will ask why Thomas only had 1 snap inside and he'll say, "He was close, similar and even better than the embarrassment of riches we had inside but personnel packages limited him based on how the Bucs played."
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 24, 2018 at 6:06 AM ]
Originally posted by Buchy:

Ok that's depressing

JG

Indy
Seattle
Bengals
Raiders

All have franchise qbs

On different deal structures - Jimmy's contract is weighted upfront and a huge hit on years one and two.

This. He was a monster hit on the cap this year. Good sign to/ wants money but understands he needs a team around him. Reminds me of Brady. In the long run it's a fair deal and doesn't strap us.
Originally posted by Buchy:

Ok that's depressing

JG

Indy
Seattle
Bengals
Raiders

All have franchise qbs

This. He was a monster hit on the cap this year. Good sign to/ wants money but understands he needs a team around him. Reminds me of Brady. In the long run it's a fair deal and doesn't strap us.

he's going to renegotiate year 4 anyway for another monster deal.

Hey, its a start.

Hopefully, that play calling vs. the Giants was horrible, Manning took apart his defense like this was his Super Bowl year.
This team could be so much better with a proven play caller like maybe Todd Bowles or even Greg Williams. But since Shanahan most likely will be keeping Saleh around, they gotta make some changes!!!

If kyle insists on keeping Saleh around, a question we should ask ourselves is why? I sure hope it isn't because with Saleh here, Kyle can micromanage the D so it is "exactly as kyle wants it" . I sincerely hope THAT isnt the reason he wants to keep Saleh. But if not, why? Is it because Saleh has done such great things with our D, and the prospects are so bright for D in 2019 under Saleh? Not from where i sit.

Frankly i fervently hope PHX is correct and the leadership sat down and had a come to Jesus meeting. I definitely do NOT want this to be for the reason above.

Kyle has managed the OC with incredible grace and ease. And Saleh has...? Well, you finish that sentence. And don't forget JL who supposedly oversees everything while trying to keep everyone happy.

I am curious exactly how Kyle's and JLs contracts are written, and who exactly puts the final "OK" on decisions. Or is it both? Is kyle responsible for each and every thing that goes down football-wise? Regardless of what it is, i hope Mayhew, the EXPERIENCED one in F.O brings some sage advice to our leaders. Frankly i hope he has an equal vote in whatever decision is made.

Hey, its a start.

If kyle insists on keeping Saleh around, a question we should ask ourselves is why? I sure hope it isn't because with Saleh here, Kyle can micromanage the D so it is "exactly as kyle wants it" . I sincerely hope THAT isnt the reason he wants to keep Saleh. But if not, why? Is it because Saleh has done such great things with our D, and the prospects are so bright for D in 2019 under Saleh? Not from where i sit.

Frankly i fervently hope PHX is correct and the leadership sat down and had a come to Jesus meeting. I definitely do NOT want this to be for the reason above.

Kyle has managed the OC with incredible grace and ease. And Saleh has...? Well, you finish that sentence. And don't forget JL who supposedly oversees everything while trying to keep everyone happy.

I am curious exactly how Kyle's and JLs contracts are written, and who exactly puts the final "OK" on decisions. Or is it both? Is kyle responsible for each and every thing that goes down football-wise? Regardless of what it is, i hope Mayhew, the EXPERIENCED one in F.O brings some sage advice to our leaders. Frankly i hope he has an equal vote in whatever decision is made.
Pretty sure contractually Lynch has say over the roster, Kyle says who plays and who doesn't, if memory serves from their introduction presser.
Share 49ersWebzone