LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Uh, we shouldn't do anything with next year's picks with that loaded defensive class.

Mr Lynch do you want multiple championships or what?

Get Rashan Gary whatever it takes. We are in position to pick quality..

Foster behind Gary is a deadly combination. Get him Mr. Lynch and you can thank me some time in the future with some playoff tickets 🤪

If Gary does good this year, we won't be able to get him. If we do we will be giving up more for an unproven player.

Or give up less for a proven DPOY?

If we want multiple championships. Get him. We can afford to now. We are only a couple pieces away.

Now is not the time to be conservative. Do whatever it takes. We need a pass rusher? Get the best..

We can afford to, build through the draft. The pieces are there. We wasted 6 years on bums. I think we can afford to get the winners now.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 2, 2018 at 7:24 AM ]
Uh, we shouldn't do anything with next year's picks with that loaded defensive class.

Foster behind Gary is a deadly combination. Get him Mr. Lynch and you can thank me some time in the future with some playoff tickets 🤪

If Gary does good this year, we won't be able to get him. If we do we will be giving up more for an unproven player.

If we want multiple championships. Get him. We can afford to now. We are only a couple pieces away.

Now is not the time to be conservative. Do whatever it takes. We need a pass rusher? Get the best..

We can afford to, build through the draft. The pieces are there.

Lol, oh man. We are not a couple of pieces away. If we are then giving up so much would hinder our chances in getting those other pieces.

What we can afford is taking advantage of someone else's blunder (raiders)

Plus, we don't know how the future will pan out as far as next years Draft

Lol, oh man. We are not a couple of pieces away. If we are then giving up so much would hinder our chances in getting those other pieces.

Even if so. Next year's class is much more important than Khalil Mack.

Next year's defensive class > Khalil Mack. If we can get both sure but do not touch next year's class. Too much nfl talent from cb to defensive line.

Imho in the state we are in, If there is a special player like Gary who has the "it" factor as well as a leader. You get him. You don't think what is the cost, it's what can he do for the team. Hehas it all. The complete package. Loading up draft picks didn't work broski. Let's try a different approach like getting the best since the turned over the roster. Thank Goodness they did.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 2, 2018 at 7:34 AM ]

Even if so. Next year's class is much more important than Khalil Mack.

Next year's defensive class > Khalil Mack. If we can get both sure but do not touch next year's class. Too much nfl talent from cb to defensive line.

Wu, the real issue is that everyone thinks we are a SB team this year, if we just had this one piece. We aren't there yet. I agree with you. Next year's draft is critical to finally fielding a complete rebuild of this roster. Way too many want to take shortcuts, and that isn't how you build sustainable success. Yeah I want to win, but I don't want to be short sighted about it either. Save our draft picks for what almost everyone predicts to be a good draft year for some of our missing pieces.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Well I'm still hopefull. Reggie White was like a shoe in to be signed by the Iggles. Everybody thought he'd be back with the Iggles until he signed with Green Bay. They came out of nowhere and got him. So it's a possiblity and I hope ShanaLynch is pursuing that possiblity appropriately. That *one* move got them a super bowl and multiple playoff appearances.

Reggie was also 32 when he went to the Packers and it didn't involve a trade

I'm all for making it happen anyone that thinks it wouldn't be a smart move needs to rethink that comment...I will say I wouldn't be giving up multiple 1st rd picks for him either.

I agree with your sentiment. But unfortunately if you aren't ready to give multiple draft picks, the chances of getting Mack are reduced. Having said that, I get the point about next years draft class being loaded with pass rush talent. But then every year they seem to say that about whatever position the media and the fans seem to get hypnotized by. But also I think this team is good enough that even *if* we did give two number 1's (say 2019 and 2020) they woudn't be any higher than 15. I don't think that's too high a price for a guy that's an elite pass rusher (in the neihborhood of a Fred Dean, Aldon, or Haley). I truly think two positions in football affect all 22 players - the QB and the Pass Rush End. I think two number ones is a price well worth paying for - for a super bowl or two.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Wu, the real issue is that everyone thinks we are a SB team this year, if we just had this one piece. We aren't there yet. I agree with you. Next year's draft is critical to finally fielding a complete rebuild of this roster. Way too many want to take shortcuts, and that isn't how you build sustainable success. Yeah I want to win, but I don't want to be short sighted about it either. Save our draft picks for what almost everyone predicts to be a good draft year for some of our missing pieces.

The offense looks explosive, and the defense has some nice depth and youth. I think the only piece remaining is that pass rusher. We have Cassius and Attaochu, but until they become all pro's - I still think that the LEO position is the most uncertain out of all the positions on defense. Interior DLine is solid, LB's Reuben and Fred look to be solid. The DB's are always going to be a position of strength as long as Lnych is GM. I truly think we're missing just that piece.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

If ShanaLynch doesn't make a strong move and trade for a pass rusher by Holoween, I'm all for using whatever number 1 pick we have on either Rashan or Bosa. I woudn't mind tradiing up to the top 5 - if that was possible - to use on a talented edge rusher in next years draft.

If ShanaLynch doesn't make a strong move and trade for a pass rusher by Holoween, I'm all for using whatever number 1 pick we have on either Rashan or Bosa. I woudn't mind tradiing up to the top 5 - if that was possible - to use on a talented edge rusher in next years draft.

I agree with you're post. Those two are the most important positions. If we have Jimmy now, why not go all out for that missing piece.

We lucked out getting Jimmy when Kraft did us that favor, let's take advantage of that boost and not stay stagnant.

We can win with next year's class if we get the right players. Move up and down next year's draft and in 2020 we will be looking really good, loaded with young talent for year's.

I want Rashan Gary, Why not go all out next year. He is worth it for a couple of championships. You don't get many chances at the complete package. Especially in the position we are in dire need for.

Those draft picks are our lifeline, we have money. Draft quality then take care of what we need through free agency next season.

The fans and 49ers deserve Rashan Gary.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 2, 2018 at 7:57 AM ]
what would it cost to move from lets say the 15-20 range up to 5? I think it would cost you less to trade for Mack and you get a proven young player.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
what would it cost to move from lets say the 15-20 range up to 5? I think it would cost you less to trade for Mack and you get a proven young player.

This. Unless this season is a huge step back in terms of performance, the 49ers won't be in position to draft or even move up for a guy like Bosa or Gary.

You're talking giving up a whole crapload of draft capital, blowing up a couple drafts to move up to 1 or 2, assuming the team with that pick is even remotely interested in trading down.

Not happening. If they could get a proven stud like Mack for two 1st rounders, I am down.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Izyniner:

This. Unless this season is a huge step back in terms of performance, the 49ers won't be in position to draft or even move up for a guy like Bosa or Gary.

You're talking giving up a whole crapload of draft capital, blowing up a couple drafts to move up to 1 or 2, assuming the team with that pick is even remotely interested in trading down.

Not happening. If they could get a proven stud like Mack for two 1st rounders, I am down.
i explained that to WU also.. but he's guaranteed championships if we get Gary ! lol

too much of a Blue homer for me to believe in a guy who isn't getting national hype like the guy from Texas AM (forgot his name already lol )
i explained that to WU also.. but he's guaranteed championships if we get Gary ! lol

too much of a Blue homer for me to believe in a guy who isn't getting national hype like the guy from Texas AM (forgot his name already lol )

Isn't getting national hype? Huh? Blue Homer?

Dude he is rated the #1 pick by nfl scouts. What are you talking about???

Sorry if you think it's still blue bias, people around here love ignoring the facts. Dude is easily a top 5 pick. Not because I say so nor my bias..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 2, 2018 at 9:24 AM ]
Bleacher Report believes Patterson, Gary could go No. 1 in 2019 NFL Draft
Bleacher Reports loves the NFL potential for Michigan's star players.
By Von Lozon on July 22, 2018 8:00 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maizenbrew.com/platform/amp/2018/7/22/17599594/bleacher-report-believes-patterson-gary-could-go-no-1-in-2019-nfl-draft

"Michigan's Rashan Gary named college football's biggest athletic freak"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/782590002

"Watch, enjoy, savor every moment Rashan Gary is playing for Michigan"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.landof10.com/michigan/michigan-football-nfl-draft-2019-rashan-gary-declare-early/amp

NFL.com compares Rashan Gary to Cam Jordan
by Austin Nivison
Jul 5, 1:35 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/NFLcom-likens-Michigans-Rashan-Gary-to-Cameron-Jordan-119596863/Amp/

I can keep going if you think we can chalk this up to bias so conveniently???

Is my bias that influential on nfl scouts??? Or they just did their homework or due diligence?? He is well worth it.

🤔
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 2, 2018 at 9:30 AM ]
Bleacher Report believes Patterson, Gary could go No. 1 in 2019 NFL Draft
Bleacher Reports loves the NFL potential for Michigan's star players.
By Von Lozon on July 22, 2018 8:00 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maizenbrew.com/platform/amp/2018/7/22/17599594/bleacher-report-believes-patterson-gary-could-go-no-1-in-2019-nfl-draft

"Michigan's Rashan Gary named college football's biggest athletic freak"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/782590002

"Watch, enjoy, savor every moment Rashan Gary is playing for Michigan"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.landof10.com/michigan/michigan-football-nfl-draft-2019-rashan-gary-declare-early/amp

Is my bias that influential on nfl scouts??? Or they just did their homework or due diligence??

Dude, take this stuff to the draft forum.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude, take this stuff to the draft forum.

Dude....

"too much of a Blue homer for me to believe in a guy who isn't getting national hype like the guy from Texas AM (forgot his name already lol"

When the "blue homer" talk comes out... I post facts it ain't blue homer talk Phoenix.. Don't attack the facts it ain't "blue homer"... I'm letting him know it's not conveniently blue homer...

I'm sorry he cannot accept facts?? I can defend myself by posting facts not feelings.. I guess the rest of the nfl and scouts are blue homers eh????

Facts are frowned upon I guess but shots aren't? Let's just chalk everything up to Wu's blue homer instead of looking at the facts.

Posters shouldn't blame me for their blind hate for Harbaugh, that's personal. The facts matter, as it should always.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 2, 2018 at 9:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone