LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Mike Shanahan to 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hopefully Kyle can give his dad a job. Championship culture? ✔️
"There's no doubt it was worth it. If my dad had ever passed away and I had never coached with him before, that's something that would have been real hard on me because that's something I wanted to do my whole life. I got that opportunity. I wish it could have gone a little bit better. But I think it was something I needed to do. Even though it was hard, it made me stronger and I wouldn't take it back for anything. My dad and I have always been close and that was the first time I really got to see him as a coach, being a coach, and he's a hell of a coach. I don't regret anything there." - young shanahan
[ Edited by Boldjames on Jan 29, 2017 at 2:42 AM ]
No
Well, until Shan jr is actually employed by us this seems premature. In what capacity do you suppose he may be employed?
No thanks, let Kyle do his own thing. Mike could work with whatever QB the 49ers draft in the offseasons when team coaches are not allowed to.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2017 at 5:42 AM ]
Hell no
No thanks.

Nope. Shanahan wants to break away from his dad and be his own coach. He got to coach with his dad already. Wont happen, terrible idea.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Nope. Shanahan wants to break away from his dad and be his own coach. He got to coach with his dad already. Wont happen, terrible idea.

Don't know if it's a "terrible idea" but I think the bolded is right.
Mike S as a consultant, QB coach would be just dandy!
I hope not...Kyle needs no influence from dad.
we need to see what Kyle can do on his on.(imo)

Did this really need its own thread?

Since when is Mike Shanahan like a Bill Walsh? If Kyle wants his advice he can ask him over a phone call or holiday dinner. We don't need to hire him in an official capacity.
Originally posted by English:
Well, until Shan jr is actually employed by us this seems premature. In what capacity do you suppose he may be employed?

Not premature if it's an obstacle to hiring a GM because of interference.
Our ParaaJedy FO needs the full Shanny
Originally posted by genus49:
Did this really need its own thread?

Since when is Mike Shanahan like a Bill Walsh? If Kyle wants his advice he can ask him over a phone call or holiday dinner. We don't need to hire him in an official capacity.

Many hope this organization rebuilds a better and more professional culture. If Mike Shanahan can help execute this? Great. This is not hire one guys and it's solved kind of problem. It will require several people working together in the front office. I'm not sure a GM and HC can do this by themselves given Jed and Paraag remain looking over their shoulders.

But the Yorks have made it clear they want nothing to do with Mike Shanahan so it would be a stretch to expect them to reverse that decision. Plus, I doubt Kyle wants to do this unless it's clear his dad is working for him...may not be possible.
Make would be a great front office guy, he could be team president, or director of football operations. Basically Mike can have Jed's job. Jed should be owner and CEO, "Cheering Executive Officer". His duties limited to writing checks, and cheering from the owners box.
Share 49ersWebzone