LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Unity for SBL Owners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
I know I am going to take some slack for this; but quit whining. If the team was winning you not complain at all. My uneducated guess is that you bought the seats thInking you could sell them for more than face value. I would think that a die hard fan, that bought season tickets, would not ever complain about the cost. JMO.

Hate to say it but I kinda agree. Anyone who got tix entered into the agreement with their eyes open. If they expected the team to be great for a long time then I think you were buying for the wrong reason.

Preseason games are the same price as regular season games in every stadium in the NFL. Not sure how "unionizing" would help. Its like buying a house and complaining about the property tax. You knew what the property tax was before you bought the house.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 27, 2017 at 1:19 PM ]
I know I am going to take some slack for this; but quit whining. If the team was winning you not complain at all. My uneducated guess is that you bought the seats thInking you could sell them for more than face value. I would think that a die hard fan, that bought season tickets, would not ever complain about the cost. JMO.
thats the reason i have tickets. to tailgate with Fam and friend and watch my team.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 27, 2017 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by D-Money:
Hawaii49er I'm with you man. Whatever your up for let me know. Worst part of the SBL contract according to the rep is I have to buy the season tickets every year or I lose my rights to my seats. I know I signed the contract but that's messed up. If I buy a car for a lot of money, it's still my choice to drive it or not. We need to do something, and if there's enough of us with enough connections we can get something done. By the way did you hear the blurb form the falcons game. Their owner saying there new stadium will still be affordable $2 sodas all game. Our owner is corporate cock sucker who has done his best to ruin our team. It's time to take it back. He got rattled with air plane banners. What do you think he'll do when 20,000+ people demand he be "held accountable."

You are talking about georgia though. California has a high minimum wage and very high cost of living.

https://www.missourieconomy.org/indicators/cost_of_living/index.stm

This is the opposite of the graph i know, but you can still comprehend it.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Hate to say it but I kinda agree. Anyone who got tix entered into the agreement with their eyes open. If they expected the team to be great for a long time then I think you were buying for the wrong reason.

Preseason games are the same price as regular season games in every stadium in the NFL. Not sure how "unionizing" would help. Its like buying a house and complaining about the property tax. You knew what the property tax was before you bought the house.

This. I bought mine. It was a small bit of a stretch on the wallet, but i figured i would sell the first few years and then go after that. I didnt forsee a total tank in the market, but it isnt breaking me.

And i was lied to about where my seats would be, and how far away i would be. But i am not complaining, i wanted them so i paid the cost.

My one complaint, and it is a big one. The event presale tickets cost more than other tickets. It should be the same damn price

I've had my share of losing seasons and lucked into owning great seats since '05. I bought comparable seats at $150 a game (x4). Been a fan over 35+ years. At the point my seats increase to $250, I think I'll sell and us the profits to invest in a man cave. Just hoping the sbl folks don't get crazy!
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

This. I bought mine. It was a small bit of a stretch on the wallet, but i figured i would sell the first few years and then go after that. I didnt forsee a total tank in the market, but it isnt breaking me.

And i was lied to about where my seats would be, and how far away i would be. But i am not complaining, i wanted them so i paid the cost.

My one complaint, and it is a big one. The event presale tickets cost more than other tickets. It should be the same damn price

Nice Jedbotting, people that bought PSL's got hosed.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Nice Jedbotting, people that bought PSL's got hosed.

The only people who got hosed are the ones trying to make money off it
A lot of folks on here seem bitter about sbl holders complaining. We had a great coach, great team, and a new stadium. Didn't expect us to be great forever but a solid 10 years at minimum with Harbaugh and Co.

Our owner messed it all up going into the first season at Levi with his leaking mouth. The thing blew up before it ever started at Levi's. Now, yeah we have a right to be pissed. If I wanted to sell my tickets and my rights I can, but more than that I want my team to win. Which is what we had when we signed on, never got what we paid for, Hopefully Shanny will turn it around quickly.

All those on faithful season tickets holders. An sbl was as low as 2,000 for the rights. Real faithful bought the season tickets. The rest said they were too expensive, yet they aren't getting paid to be on the webzone four hours a day.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I think people got a bait and switch pulled on them. The Yorks went against their history of cheapness and hired a high dollar coach in Harbaugh. He brings winning and they get a new stadium. People reserve tickets thinking they will be watching a winner. Then everything goes down hill, they hire an unqualified coach on the cheap and fire him, then hire Chip Kelly another mistake. Since they will now be paying 3 head coaches, they are spending money on coaches again, but they have had such low expenditures on players they will have to spend more than the last two seasons to get their 3 year average up to the league minimum. The 49ers have dropped close to the bottom in player salaries. Most fans do not want to watch constant losing with no hope of turning it around soon. I lived in So Cal and went to Ram games the few years before they moved, had a Ram fan friend I went with. Unless a popular team was playing them the place was probably less than 1/4 full and you could buy tickets right outside the grounds of Anaheim Stadium for way less than face value.

I thought the 49ers did lower the price of the preseason games already, and make that back by charging extra for "premium" games? So total full season cost remained unchanged, but the preseason games were cheaper.

LOL Are you serious with this post? First of all I doubt most people buy season tickets with the main purpose of selling them to make money. No, people buy them to enjoy the experience, and root for winning competitive teams. Maybe this is a crazy thought but fans want their teams to be competitive and not suck. A die hard fan that paid a fortune for PSLs and season tickets expects more than 2-14, 4 coaches in 4 years, and inept ownership.
Atlanta Falcons' new stadium will offer $2 hot dogs and $5 beer

Atlanta Falcons fans have a new reason to cheer -- cheap concessions.When the team's new Mercedes-Benz Stadium opens in 2017, the prices of hot dogs and soda (with unlimited refills) will be the lowest in the NFL at just $2 each.

In fact, across all four major sports leagues, only two Major League Baseball teams have cheaper prices for sodas and hot dogs.

Other inexpensive concession offerings will be: $2 bottled water, pretzels and popcorn; $3 peanuts, pizza, nachos and waffle fries; and $5 12-ounce cups of domestic beer.

Because of the low prices, a family of four will be able to eat for about $28 at Falcons games and other events at the stadium.

Local and national restaurant chains will offer higher end food items, draft beers and mixed drinks at the same prices offered in their regular locations.

The Falcons also hope to have shorter wait times in concession lines.

Soda refill stations will be self-serve and will be in a different area from where people are placing their initial orders.

All prices, which include tax, are on the dollar -- no coins needed.

The new stadium, in downtown Atlanta, will have 670 spots where fans can buy concessions -- 65% more than what the team currently has in the Georgia Dome.

The low prices may be an attempt to appeal to fans -- the Falcons will offer personal seat licenses for the first time in the new stadium.

PSLs are one-time fees on all seats that allow the purchaser to reserve a seat or transfer or sell the rights to someone else. Fees for the licenses range from $500 for seats in the upper level to $45,000 along the 50-yard line.

According to stadium reps, the $45,000 Founders Club seats and the $10,000 Piedmont Club seats are sold out and over 65% of the seats on other levels have been sold.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/17/news/nfl-atlanta-falcons-concessions/
Wow! I think most Candlestick owners declined Levi's. Licenses for 50 yd line were $80g's. 20yd line to 40 yd line were $20 to 30g's. Those corporate guys rather mingle, drink wine and eat cheese than cheer for our team. Real fans were priced out of Levi's.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
I thought the 49ers did lower the price of the preseason games already, and make that back by charging extra for "premium" games? So total full season cost remained unchanged, but the preseason games were cheaper.

For psl/sbl owners the price of all games are the same. They sure go up on my ticket stub on good games tho and my preseason tix are listed at about 1/2 less than what we pay for.
Share 49ersWebzone