LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Would Aaron Rodgers be this good on the 9ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would Aaron Rodgers be this good on the 9ers?

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
If a sure-fire HOFer like Rodgers could not succeed with the York's 49ers how in the world will any other QB be able to?
The 49ers blew it by not picking rthe HOFer in their back yard. He and Alex Smith were going to be the QBs they ended up being regardless.

I agree. People like to say Rodgers would have stunk here because it eliminates the pain from passing on him. By that logic, no QB can be successful here, so why even bother watching.

Fact of the matter is he's a 1st ballot HOFer and passing on him was a colossal mistake. We're still paying for it over a decade later and will continue to until we find our own stud QB.

Rodgers, asked whether he was disappointed when the 49ers passed him over, replied: "Not as disappointed as the 49ers will be that they didn't draft me."

Turns out that douche was right.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I agree. People like to say Rodgers would have stunk here because it eliminates the pain from passing on him. By that logic, no QB can be successful here, so why even bother watching.

Fact of the matter is he's a 1st ballot HOFer and passing on him was a colossal mistake. We're still paying for it over a decade later and will continue to until we find our own stud QB.

Rodgers, asked whether he was disappointed when the 49ers passed him over, replied: "Not as disappointed as the 49ers will be that they didn't draft me."

Meh. He wasn't the same QB in 2005 as he was in 2008. He would not have gotten that training from the same staff for 3 years on the 49ers. He would of had everything that originally had McCarthy not wanting him. Playing from day one on a bad team with a revolving door of OCs with his personality would of been a disaster.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 23, 2017 at 7:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Meh. He wasn't the same QB in 2005 as he was in 2008. He would not have gotten that training from the same staff for 3 years on the 49ers. He would of had everything that originally had McCarthy not wanting him. Playing from day one on a bad team with a revolving door of OCs with his personality would of been a disaster.

So whats the point? Was Alex Smith the better choice? Unless thats the point, I don't get what the argument is here.

Only 49er fans would delude themselves into thinking taking Rodgers would have been a disaster. No, the disaster was taking Smith over Rodgers. C'mon guys...
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

The minute he got a chance to start at age 24 he set the league on fire. He would have been awesome here.
2005 was a year the Yorks were trying to get it right and they aggressively brought in respected football people and got out of the way. Nolan + McCloughan + McCarthy. I highly doubt they envisioned the railroading of Rodgers in the pre-draft process or the snow ball effect it would have. Then Nolan tried to sabotage Smith a few years later and it cost him his job.
Not if Trent was drafting?

Who would have Aaron thrown to? Aj garbage or Kyle Williams?

The other 31 teams believe in drafting wr for their qb, not the niners. Top 5 GM!!

I remember an article saying Mike Nolan didnt want a gunslinger.. When will we get out of our own way?
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 24, 2017 at 2:23 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Lol yes
49ers would have been in at LEAST two SBs..... I like his odds of winning both of them

Rodgers never had a line and RB as good as the 49ers had, he also never had a defense as good as the 49ers D.

I have seldom been as sure as I was about Aaron, he was just that good. I often talked then and in the years that follow about the college QB challenge that year, and how he was hitting MOVING PIE PLATES at 40 yards....his ability was insane...other worldly

Aaron Brooks of the saints was even running his mouth about how he could put the ball 60 yards in the air. This was after 4 of the QBs there bombed that throw...he was like I am a pro and bla bla bla.... then Aaron put the ball in a damn barrel from 70 yards....

It was war on here with half the users and their damn ted tolfer project junk....and then Bill Walsh came out and call the guy amazing natural leader and this place really lost its s**t. There was large contingent here that just KNEW...just flat out KNEW he was the one.

thats why it stings so much even now.... That was our QB...and we didn't draft him
  • KPaul
  • Veteran
I wouldn't doubt it, he's an elite QB. He landed in a pretty good situation, but I'm pretty confident he would've been able to continue to develop and elevate his play and eventually turn us into a contender. HOF'er.
That roided up stacked defense gave him his only super bowl win .

All he had to do was play safe football.

That division sucks.

Free ticket to the playoffs every year.

He's very technical,accurate and does what he is told but isn't a surefire super bowl winning qb.

the jim harbaugh era, we could of went back to back to back superbowls
Share 49ersWebzone