There are 112 users in the forums

Richard Sherman is a NINER

Of course. He's a great player who would help us win games. He's overrated a bit due to Thomas and Chancellor who make that secondary as good as it is but he's better than anyone we have.

Sometimes I can't stand the guy but other times what he says is very smart.

Anyone saying no is kidding themselves. Not like this dude killed someone.
Just realized he'll be 29 in a couple months. Dude probably has 3 more years before his game falls off a cliff.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,133
I'd rather have Eric Berry... was pissed when we weren't able to get him.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Lol anyone who said no is out of their mind.

Man, can you imagine this guy playing with us the past two years? Not only would he not have his LOB buddies covering his ass, he would be crying all the time because surrounding cast sucked (compared to what he has up there).

Also, if you watch a lot the games when he had to go up against smaller, shifty speedsters, he got burned. W/out pressure up front, he gets a lot more exposed than a "shutdown corner" is suppose to. We sucked on the dline, this guy would've gotten exposed big time.

Now to be fair, with the new HC / GM, a good draft and better FAs coming, then yes, he can help us out big time / be good still even tho he is declining (a little).

He'd still be far and away our best corner.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,133
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Lol anyone who said no is out of their mind.

Man, can you imagine this guy playing with us the past two years? Not only would he not have his LOB buddies covering his ass, he would be crying all the time because surrounding cast sucked (compared to what he has up there).

Also, if you watch a lot the games when he had to go up against smaller, shifty speedsters, he got burned. W/out pressure up front, he gets a lot more exposed than a "shutdown corner" is suppose to. We sucked on the dline, this guy would've gotten exposed big time.

Now to be fair, with the new HC / GM, a good draft and better FAs coming, then yes, he can help us out big time / be good still even tho he is declining (a little).

He'd still be far and away our best corner.

True. But, he'd probably also be our most penalized DB as well
I bet if this board and question was around when Deion Sanders was out there, many would say they wouldn't take him either.

GTFOH

Dude can play. May be expensive, but he can ball. Would take him in a heartbeat. Personality and all.
[ Edited by JDMathews49ers on Jan 15, 2017 at 8:29 PM ]
sherm woulda been the difference during the harbaugh years if he drafted him. i still dont understand how he coached this dude and ignored him during the draft
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
sherm woulda been the difference during the harbaugh years if he drafted him. i still dont understand how he coached this dude and ignored him during the draft

Was there truth to the rumor that Harbaugh told Baalke not to draft Stanford players?
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
sherm woulda been the difference during the harbaugh years if he drafted him. i still dont understand how he coached this dude and ignored him during the draft

Was there truth to the rumor that Harbaugh told Baalke not to draft Stanford players?
i would hope not but if there is thats ridiculous.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Hell yes! Any of you that say no are foolish.

Would you consider bringing Aldon Smith back foolish?

Was/still is a better player than Sherman.

Originally posted by Blindfury:
Some of you guys would have hated some of the 9er greats. Want a team full of choir boys lol

Anyone saying no is a personal fan. They care more about personal things than actually winning games. Would I take one of the best corners in the league? You damn right I would and I don't even like the guy. I'd take Bennett too and some of the other guys I can't stand from that team.

Winning > *

This! We have to be the most delusional fan base in the league. I'd take those two, Kam and Doug Baldwin!
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Hell yes! Any of you that say no are foolish.

Would you consider bringing Aldon Smith back foolish?

Was/still is a better player than Sherman.

If he could lay off the sauce and was still the same player then yes.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Some of you guys would have hated some of the 9er greats. Want a team full of choir boys lol

Anyone saying no is a personal fan. They care more about personal things than actually winning games. Would I take one of the best corners in the league? You damn right I would and I don't even like the guy. I'd take Bennett too and some of the other guys I can't stand from that team.

Winning > *

This! We have to be the most delusional fan base in the league. I'd take those two, Kam and Doug Baldwin!

Do you not get it? At this point in time Sherman is M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E. And with no ET and Kam backing him he'll get toasted even more than he is now.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,133
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Would you consider bringing Aldon Smith back foolish?

Was/still is a better player than Sherman.

I'll take him back. I might be fooled, but I think all this crap over the years, especially not playing this season... he may finally have learned. With new GM / HC, who knows...

Our defense, especially his position, would be a lot better with him here. A short ass leash for him tho...
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
That's the problem. He was mediocre this year. No ET has exposed Dick and all of the scumbaghawk cbs.

And light years ahead of anyone we have. Are you telling me good safety play and a pass rush help corners? Good to know.
Share 49erswebzone