LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

Richard Sherman CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
Not citing Cohn, but Sherman did look slow out there.

Everyone looks slow against KC and those speedsters.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:

True, but he used to be faster than that.
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:

True, but he used to be faster than that.

He did look slow. But maybe he can transition to S in the future if he continues to slow down?
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
Sherm didn't even game plan for this. It's pre season we all know Sherm is best in the game because of his study habits not because he balls out from a pure skill standpoint.

Facts
Sherm has really grown on me and a leader on this team. I'll be be first to admit I loathed the man while his time in Seattle, but since coming here I had a chance to really see what he's all about. The dude is a good person and a true team leader. I'm glad he's on our side. #stayhumble
Sherman in the past:

Sherman in 2019: Stay humble.

[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Aug 29, 2019 at 3:46 PM ]
His message to the fans got me pumped! Can't wait for he season to get here
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Harbaugh shoulda drafted Sherman
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Harbaugh shoulda drafted Sherman

And RS made him pay dearly for not drafting him.

Low fade to crabs
BE HUMBLE.

• Kyzen
how would you rate his preseason? Will he be better this year than he was last year?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Please don't be bad
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kyzen:
how would you rate his preseason? Will he be better this year than he was last year?

I can't see better, but I can surely say more healthy

He's seen it at practice, he knows how great this team can be. Time to put it on display outside of practice.
"It could be really dominant," Sherman said. "But paper doesn't win you ballgames. It doesn't get sacks. It doesn't get turnovers. But I am excited to see how it plays out."
-Richard Sherman, quoted in an article titled: "'Wreak havoc': Lynch hoping investment in defensive line pays off"
Source: SF Chronicle

I tell you, nothing, I mean nothing, fires me up more than listening to Richard Sherman. He is spot on. He is a leader. He was a jerk to the 49ers when he played for Seattle, but has been nothing but a Class A Act since he brought his services here. He may be Lynch's smartest FA signing to date. He was good last year and is flying under the radar this year. I think we're going to see big things out of him.

I can't see this team breaking out in Game 1 and laying some solid wood on any opponent. I can see this team getting out of Tampa Bay with a narrow win, however. And I can see Bosa and Ford making an impact in pressuring Winston to throw some ill-advised passes on Sunday. We'll see. Time will tell. I can see this team breaking out and laying the wood on someone, the Reams and SeaChickens I hope, as we get into the season. In that 1981 season that I will never forget, the 49ers stumbled out of the gate with a 1-2 start. But then we positively SHOCKED a loaded Dallas team and I knew we had something special. Will that ever happen in my lifetime again? I certainly hope so.

However, I will say this much. I am excited, finally excited, to see what this defense can do. The focus has been on the health of Jimmy G. and the offense. And that's fine by me. But big games are won by the defense. It's why the Patriots keep ringing up Super Bowl trophies. Because they are the only team who sported a defense that could lay the hurt on high flying offenses like Chefs and the Reams.

That's what we need. A defense that brings it. In every game. A defense that gives up an average of 17 points a game. If the 49ers can field a defense like that, there's going to be a lot of very happy people in the Webzone Forum, which will probably start crashing on gameday from far too many visitors.

Not a bad thing.

PS: Trubisky SUX!
Share 49ersWebzone