Richard Sherman CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Found it on the second read - item 9
I want to know who's making up this 80% report... 80% my ass
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by braap49er:
I want to know who's making up this 80% report... 80% my ass

it is being reported in several outlets he was not 100 per cent.,. probably not a shock. heck you wonder if jimmy and jet will be 100 per cent . they say it takes a full year to recover. he was dang good the way he was and i was on board the second he was signed
Edited to not be a jerk.
[ Edited by WINiner on Apr 3, 2019 at 11:10 AM ]
What do you think RS will look like this year?

He will be almost two years removed from the achilles injury, right?
I think this is his last year as our starting CB... And that we need to start wondering how he will do as our starting FS next year. I think he will do just fine this year at CB.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
People here still think he's good lol. We need two CBs

Originally posted by susweel:

He's more of a stop gap while we desperately seek more talent on defense. Definitely not a long term solution.

And yet far superior numbers to Marcus Peters
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He's more of a stop gap while we desperately seek more talent on defense. Definitely not a long term solution.

He gave up a reception every 20 targets which was 4th best in the league.

You can argue it's just because he was targeted less due to the guys on the other side but that still means for the most part his side was in check. It also means if he did give up stuff when targeted so infrequently it would lead to a higher QB rating.

Overall the idea that Sherman sucked is not a good one. Better pass rush will show the guy can still play.

Grant Cohn is such a troll and a hack. He cherry picks to be negative and thinks he knows about football. If you want people to take you serious, Sus, you wouldn't post GC's stuff to make a point.

Jason McCourty, one of PFF's highest graded CB's allowed a 58.9% rate. 3% difference......

Sherman was also the most avoided CB last year only getting targeted once every 12.6 passing plays per game. That means if a team threw the ball 36 times he saw maybe 3 passes to his side and he only allowed a reception once every 20.7 snaps - that's good enough for only allowing 2 catches when the opposing team passed 40 times in a game. How's that not a shutdown guy? Teams only threw to his side if they had someone wide open and all CB's are going to give up passes and his .72 yards given up per coverage snap were 7th lowest in the league.
[ Edited by jonnydel on Apr 9, 2019 at 11:58 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He just looks better because wisherspoon is on the other side.
I don't know why QBs weren't targetting him more. He got beat on a lot of plays actually, to be honest.

Once they review the film, you could probably go either way with targeting Spoon or Sherm. They were too scared and gave him respect.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Grant Cohn is such a troll and a hack. He cherry picks to be negative and thinks he knows about football. If you want people to take you serious, Sus, you wouldn't post GC's stuff to make a point.

Jason McCourty, one of PFF's highest graded CB's allowed a 58.9% rate. 3% difference......

Sherman was also the most avoided CB last year only getting targeted once every 12.6 plays per game. That means if a team threw the ball 36 times he saw maybe 3 passes to his side and he only allowed a reception once every 20.7 snaps - that's good enough for only allowing 2 catches when the opposing team passed 40 times in a game. How's that not a shutdown guy? Teams only threw to his side if they had someone wide open and all CB's are going to give up passes and his .72 yards given up per coverage snap were 7th lowest in the league.

Bro why would you target sherman if wisherspoon is on the other side. Its a completion or penalty almost every time.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Sherman was also the most avoided CB last year only getting targeted once every 12.6 plays per game. That means if a team threw the ball 36 times he saw maybe 3 passes to his side and he only allowed a reception once every 20.7 snaps - that's good enough for only allowing 2 catches when the opposing team passed 40 times in a game. How's that not a shutdown guy? Teams only threw to his side if they had someone wide open and all CB's are going to give up passes and his .72 yards given up per coverage snap were 7th lowest in the league.

Bro why would you target sherman if wisherspoon is on the other side. Its a completion or penalty almost every time.

SMH.....Ok. You're right. I'm going to call Lynch right now and tell him he should cut Sherman.

If the problem is Spoon, bro, why you saying we need to replace him? You really think Grant Cohn knows what he's talking about? If you do, LMFAAAAAAOOOOO
Share 49ersWebzone