LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Richard Sherman CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
I would, and I hate his guts. Sure, he's a man child with zero impulse control, bout he is the best corner in the game right now.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
As soon as you put on red n gold I root for you so I'd take him. But I'd rather find a shutdown another way.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
HELL NO!!!!!

Jed isn't going to overpay officials to overlook all this douche bag's holding penalties.

Take him away from his buddies, LOB, he won't be/look as good. Plus, he has looked awfully mediocre against some shifty / speedy WRs.
Originally posted by baltien:
I would, and I hate his guts. Sure, he's a man child with zero impulse control, bout he is the best corner in the game right now.

Don't think he's the best anymore. He didn't even make it to either all pro team this year.
If we ever signed him he would only sign here to collect a paycheck N at the same time play like s**t on purpose to take it to us one last time. FU Richard Shermprick
He would be best CB, WR, and QB on team.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If we ever signed him he would only sign here to collect a paycheck N at the same time play like s**t on purpose to take it to us one last time. FU Richard Shermprick

LOL, probably true.
Paul Allen would keep Dick on his payroll to screw up our team
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
He would be best CB, WR, and QB on team.

Originally posted by Chico:
LOL, probably true.
Paul Allen would keep Dick on his payroll to screw up our team

LOL!!

Truth. All of it!!

I'm 50-50 on the "best CB" part tho. However, with his dedication and insecurities (of failing) he could be the best WR / QB on this current roster...
Sherman is a Very good player but he has capitalized on a good supporting cast and great scheme. Would I want the 49ers to have him now? That's a Hell No...in order for that to happen it would cost a lot of money for a player likely to be heading for a decline in the next few years. Just use 31 year old Revis as an example as he quickly went from the premiere lock-down CB to a player QB's look to exploit. If the questions is changed from would I go back in history and draft this guy? The answer would be a quick hell yes. As annoying a man and player as Sherman was he would have greatly increased the Niners chance of winning. The Niners could have potentially won 3 Superbowls with a player with Sherman's ability in the secondary.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rickrock:
Sherman is a Very good player but he has capitalized on a good supporting cast and great scheme. Would I want the 49ers to have him now? That's a Hell No...in order for that to happen it would cost a lot of money for a player likely to be heading for a decline in the next few years. Just use 31 year old Revis as an example as he quickly went from the premiere lock-down CB to a player QB's look to exploit. If the questions is changed from would I go back in history and draft this guy? The answer would be a quick hell yes. As annoying a man and player as Sherman was he would have greatly increased the Niners chance of winning. The Niners could have potentially won 3 Superbowls with a player with Sherman's ability in the secondary.

Good points!

Also, I imagine his personality might have been different if we drafted him... it seems as if his current team / organization allow a lot crappy attitudes. Not to mention, I really do believe their HC condones the PEDs. A lot of jokes have been thrown around about the owner paying off officials / testing (there's some truth to humor?). Maybe he'd be clean over here, and not such a douche (pretty much like their fan base).

Hell yes! Any of you that say no are foolish.
  • ra83
  • Veteran
Absolutely not. Guy is a huge POS. If we were good and he could be the missing piece like Dion in 94 then I'd have to consider it. But having him on the downside of his career on a rebuilding team not a chance
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Chico:
It's hard to picture him on another team but I'm sure it will happen someday

Dallas springs to mind.

He will be a Las Vegas Raider to end his career

Let the Crabtree/Sherman drama begin!
No:

1. Costs too much
2. His prime days are behind
3. No ET & Kam to back him up
4. He's a f**king dick
This must be the dumbest thread I've ever seen created.
Share 49ersWebzone