There are 226 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate: Kyle Shanahan (ATL OC)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is my personal choice.
Originally posted by Joecool:
If we hire this dude, he's going to make Kap cry and go into a shell.

He might not want Kap, and Kap might want to move on
Originally posted by Niners816:
This is my personal choice.

Same.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by saniner:

Yah kap is 98.6% gone.
The only way we can hire him as our qb coach is if atl somehow fires him. Unlikely but who knows anything is possible after atl busts out of the playoffs early
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I like Paton.. I'm now pulling for the guy to be our next GM..

Kyle, however, I would rather see him coaching the Broncos.. I just don't feel IT in him..

Plus, I'm 90 % sure that he would choose Denver over any teams if he had a choice..
He's my #1 candidate. I've always loved the Shanahan WCO. The outsize zone running game and play action off that is key. We're going to need to continue to reconfigure the o-line if we go that rout. I'm not sure how well guys like Garnett and Brown would function in that scheme.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:

Plus, I'm 90 % sure that he would choose Denver over any teams if he had a choice..

He doesnt have choices, he's been borderline Jeff Garcia desperate for a hc job to get out of daddy's shadow for years and no one has taken him seriously. Not many teams will this time around either.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by saniner:

Yah kap is 98.6% gone.

not a Kap lover or anything but he's 100% here.... until he's not
I like Paton.. I'm now pulling for the guy to be our next GM..

Kyle, however, I would rather see him coaching the Broncos.. I just don't feel IT in him..

sounds like Denver might want to go another direction, Vance Joseph

Originally posted by bopicksix:

He doesnt have choices, he's been borderline Jeff Garcia desperate for a hc job to get out of daddy's shadow for years and no one has taken him seriously. Not many teams will this time around either.

he's considered by most the hottest coach of the off season?
Kyle is the man for the job
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
he's considered by most the hottest coach of the off season?

Maybe around here or in the media. The way he abandonded Pettine in Cleveland shows he's a chump. His first stint on his own without daddy or uncle Kubiak there to coddle him. Rather then face a challenging situation head on, he pouted until pettine had enough and let him walk. Hate to see the tantrum he throws when faced with the challenges of a hc.

With that said he is a great qb coach and there is a slim possibility he becomes a good hc 6-8+ years down the road
Not sure what he has done to warrant a HC job. Seemed an OK OC. I would like to see more out of Kyle. I think a couple of years too early for Kyle Shanahan. If he has an all encompass vision and specific drive as to what he want his team to be, I would over look the bland resume.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 6, 2017 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not sure what he has done to warrant a HC job. Seemed an OK OC. I would like to see more out of Kyle. I think a couple of years too early for Kyle Shanahan. If he has an all encompass vision and specific drive as to what he want his team to be, I would over look the bland resume.

He's still young, only 37, but the guy has been an OC for 9 years now. In 6 of those seasons he called a Top 10 offense. 4 of those seasons were a Top 5 offense. So he has a pretty good track record of success. I'd say he's done enough to get a shot. There are HCs who got the job with lesser resumes.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 6, 2017 at 2:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone