There are 114 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate: Kyle Shanahan (ATL OC)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Agree! Thanks for the opinions/info and welcome! Also agree that trading the #2 pick would be a mistake unless we also received their first round pick--#17. If Cousins is his guy and he really wants him...OK, whatever.

Agreed I mean does kirk's OL, WRs, and TEs come with him lol?

Can't wait for Washington to tag or sign Kirk so we can stop talking about it
falcons be hating and blocking him from hiring other assistants.

for that I hope they lose now
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
sounds like Hoyer really wants a starting job with the niners.

Hoyer + Trubisky

Arrow up!

We are going for Trubisky. Both Mel Kiper and Daniel Jeremiah have him going to the 9ers at 2.

That's it, I've decided, Trubisky will be my pick, I am picking him over Watson.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Mike Shanahan had GM powers in Denver and Washington. Looks like Kyle will have some sort of GM powers, including a GM that answers to him.

So I hope Kyle is a great drafter, cause, you know, we have so much info on that to give him all this power

Where did you see that the GM would answer to him? It's been reported that Kyle will "help" in the interview process but will not have final say...they want a GM/HC connection not he's the boss he's the employee setup.

Ignore posts like that. He's either ignorant and stating opinion as fact, or stirring the pot for a reaction. Either way not worth your time.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Hoyer + Trubisky

Arrow up!

We are going for Trubisky. Both Mel Kiper and Daniel Jeremiah have him going to the 9ers at 2.

That's it, I've decided, Trubisky will be my pick, I am picking him over Watson.

I would love an eagles like situation from last year no matter who the young QB is, if we go that route at #2. Meaning even with Hoyer, I'd still like to trade for say an AJ McCarron(If we trade for Jimmy pretty sure we don't take a QB at #2 and would take a QB in 2nd/3rd for plan B) and let him battle Hoyer as QB taken at number two can come along nicely.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Mike Shanahan had GM powers in Denver and Washington. Looks like Kyle will have some sort of GM powers, including a GM that answers to him.

So I hope Kyle is a great drafter, cause, you know, we have so much info on that to give him all this power

Where did you see that the GM would answer to him? It's been reported that Kyle will "help" in the interview process but will not have final say...they want a GM/HC connection not he's the boss he's the employee setup.

Ignore posts like that. He's either ignorant and stating opinion as fact, or stirring the pot for a reaction. Either way not worth your time.

I just gotta ask cause it makes no sense
Originally posted by WINiner:

I just gotta ask cause it makes no sense

Lol homie is right NY... it is Niner talk but he's still reaching just for fun. You're just asking for a useless argument or going back to everyone's favorite of blaming Jed for everything including their dog getting diarrhea.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FalconsFan2016:
Hey guys...Falcons fan here. I just wanted to congratulate you on making the best coaching hire of the season. I have zero doubt that Kyle Shanahan will be an amazing fit for your organization. He is a soft-spoken genius. All I would ask, is that you give them two years to mold the franchise. His offense is incredibly complex and will take two years for an above average quarterback to fully grasp. Ryan struggled with the concepts in his first year… And unfortunately you don't even have a viable quarterback at the moment. So you need to find one, and then allow 2 to 3 years of growth. After that it will be money in the bank. His offense is very unique and turns good players into very good players. See Gabriel, Hardy & Robinson for example.

I honestly feel that San Francisco will make a strong push to trade their number to pick to Washington for Kurt cousins. Shanahan knows him very well and vice versa. Do that and make a few good off-season acquisitions, and draft well, and you could be in the playoffs as soon as Next year.

Cheers guys...you got a great one.

Thanks very much for your nice post!

No doubt, Kyle is without doubt the very best candidate we could have hoped for and to be honest I can't believe we managed to pull it off knowing our owner and front office's track record.

As for Kirk Cousins, I don't think he will be a good long-term solution at the QB position. I would rather draft the next franchise QB such as a Trubisky while signing a serviceable bridge QB in the meantime such as a Brian Hoyer.

Anyway, good luck this weekend against the Packers!! I think this the best Falcons team I have seen for quite sometime. Your offense has always been great, but I think this year's team is a more rounded team. I think you guys are going to win the Super Bowl. Best of luck!!
Originally posted by susweel:

What? He's not even our coach, yet. He can't hire anybody. The man is still trying to win a SB.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Lol homie is right NY... it is Niner talk but he's still reaching just for fun. You're just asking for a useless argument or going back to everyone's favorite of blaming Jed for everything including their dog getting diarrhea.

You know I can't ignore when someone writes dumb s**t

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Rascal:

Hoyer + Trubisky

Arrow up!

I would love an eagles like situation from last year no matter who the young QB is, if we go that route at #2. Meaning even with Hoyer, I'd still like to trade for say an AJ McCarron(If we trade for Jimmy pretty sure we don't take a QB at #2 and would take a QB in 2nd/3rd for plan B) and let him battle Hoyer as QB taken at number two can come along nicely.

Not a bad idea. And of course if we end up trading for Garoppolo, we won't be taking a QB at 2, but I still think we should take a QB in the mid round in that situation though.

This. But want them to beat GB first.
D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@DOrlandoAJC #Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan says he doesn't have an offer from 49ers 'Obviously there's some interest'
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@DOrlandoAJC #Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan says he doesn't have an offer from 49ers 'Obviously there's some interest'

SHOCKING. JUST SHOCKING.

He forgot to add this
Share 49ersWebzone