LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate: Kyle Shanahan (ATL OC)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@DOrlandoAJC #Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan says he doesn't have an offer from 49ers 'Obviously there's some interest'

He forgot to add this
Originally posted by Jcool:
SHOCKING. JUST SHOCKING.

To be fair, he can't come out and say there's an offer, even if there is one.

That's a surefire tampering charge.

It's the classic "saying no while nodding yes"
[ Edited by linkboy on Jan 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I thought you can make an offer but you just can't accept it.

They can't officially offer him the job until his season is done. I think that's how the rule is.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

They can't officially offer him the job until his season is done. I think that's how the rule is.

That is why coaches have agents. Who i would guess has a tentative offer from the 49ers.

No, even making an offer is tampering. Its a ridiculous system but both team and coach have to tread carefully regarding what they say.
D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@DOrlandoAJC #Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan says he doesn't have an offer from 49ers 'Obviously there's some interest'

Move along, nothing to see here
  • 49ers
  • Veteran

No.

He cant even officially be in the room with the GM interviews since he is currently employed by another team, but the Niners are checking with the league office regarding this specifically.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle's addressing the SF job, says he's definitely excited about that but he doesn't know what the situation is with that.

Jeanna Verified account ‏@jeannathomas Kyle says the rules keep him from talking to SF right now, so he does plan to talk to them next week when it's permitted, and that's it.

Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle says the rules keep him from talking to SF right now, so he does plan to talk to them next week when it's permitted, and that's it.

Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle says there's definitely no understanding that an offer is on the table. Looking forward to talking to SF again, though.

Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle says the rules have made it very simple for him. Also says this time with the Falcons is the coolest moment of his career.

Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle says it's not a distraction. Says he used to hate the rules, but now loves them because the rules make it easy for him to focus on ATL.
Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle's addressing the SF job, says he's definitely excited about that but he doesn't know what the situation is with that.

Jeanna Verified account ‏@jeannathomas Kyle says the rules keep him from talking to SF right now, so he does plan to talk to them next week when it's permitted, and that's it.

Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle says the rules keep him from talking to SF right now, so he does plan to talk to them next week when it's permitted, and that's it.

Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle says there's definitely no understanding that an offer is on the table. Looking forward to talking to SF again, though.

Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle says the rules have made it very simple for him. Also says this time with the Falcons is the coolest moment of his career.

Jeanna @jeannathomas Kyle says it's not a distraction. Says he used to hate the rules, but now loves them because the rules make it easy for him to focus on ATL.

Great news.....no tampering here. (We are not allowed to offer him a contract)

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by valrod33:

That is why coaches have agents. Who i would guess has a tentative offer from the 49ers.

That's fine but Shanahan can't be out there saying he has an offer.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
already setting the stage to reject jed.

Umm yeah *cough cough* I haven't been offered anything yet *cough cough* not sure what's going on with them, just focusing on Green Bay *cough cough* but I'm really excited to talk to them about it *wink wink*
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:

Originally posted by Niners816:

I think Kyle had to come out and say this to protect the Niners after the leaked report about Quinn and staff applauding his hiring during a meeting. That kind of report the league would take seriously and start investigating.
Share 49ersWebzone