LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I wonder what the possibility of Sean Payton coming up as a candidate again is? Supposedly the Saints are willing to trade him for pennies on the dollar this time around.

What has been the Saints record the last 3 years? No thanks. Guy is overrated

Since Payton has been there his defenses has been crap with the exception of the SB winning year where they took the ball away but was still suspect. Get him a team with the right DC and talent on d and he can turn our o around. I still want him as the coach the man knows offense as well as anyone in the NFL
Originally posted by evil:
Vikings did interview him for their HC opening in 2014.

He received an interview but he was never really viewed him as a serious HC candidate until the 49ers started pushing for him to replace Harbaugh.
I wonder what the possibility of Sean Payton coming up as a candidate again is? Supposedly the Saints are willing to trade him for pennies on the dollar this time around.

You think there gonna spend that much cash on all these HCs?
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Then will need to hire a Gm within the next 48 hours

We always seems to be last in dibs.
Originally posted by jreff22:
What are the known GM-HC relationships?

How many of we get X we will get Y scenarios are there?

Ballard as GM would likely result in Toub as head coach.

Pioli as GM would likely mean McDaniels or some other Belichick disciple.

Kirchner from Seattle could mean Bevell as head coach.

Those are the pairings I've heard about. Have no idea who someone like Riddick would want as HC.

Riddick's Most recent FO work was with Reid's eagles....I wonder if he has any connection with the guys in KC?
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Tom Coughlin for HC

Rex Ryan for DC

You think Rex has the humbleness to work for someone after being a loud mouth hc? I can see him working on tv rather than work for someone, an owner would be stupid to give him another chance at hc tho
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Their spending a ton on HCs no longer here. The owners need to stop the bleeding and may need to break the bank to pull a HC that can draw top FAs.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
GM will be hired first?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/01/49ers-will-hire-g-m-first-who-will-hire-coach/

Why?

Imagine if they had just given Harbaugh the money they are spending on Tomsula+Chip.
I've only been a Niner fan for 2 seasons and in that time there's been 2 head coaches and 1 GM fired. Hope springs eternal but I haven't seen or heard a lot to make me confident that Jed can attract the candidates that can fix this team.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
GM will be hired first?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/01/49ers-will-hire-g-m-first-who-will-hire-coach/

Why?

So he can start putting a list together and start the interview process with the HC candidates.
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Tom Coughlin for HC

Rex Ryan for DC

thatd be a nightmare
waiting for the paraag sent packing news
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Things getting started ... Rams, Jaguars, 49ers have reached out to show interest in Patriots OC Josh McDaniels.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Imagine if they had just given Harbaugh the money they are spending on Tomsula+Chip.

...to see a psychologist ?
Share 49ersWebzone