LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

What could have been, Gase as HC and Vic Fangio as DC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I was on the Gase/Vic bandwagon hard...Jed had to butt his nose in that s**t and ruin it yet again. I can't blame that one on Baalke fully but he's got to go and we need to let chip walk as well.

I'm actually glad momma and poppa bear are stepping in lol...that means some s**t will change... I doubt they could possibly make it worse than it already is

Me too on wanting Gase.

IMO, Gase would have had a very tough time w/the talent level Trent has assembled.

Also, it won't mean much if the York's step in unless they make drastic changes.

Band-aides won't make any difference.
Screw Gase, Harbaugh should still be the head coach
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Screw Gase, Harbaugh should still be the head coach

so much this
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
GASE + FANGIO + KAEP + BAALKE = 3 & 13 SEASON
I don't think Fangio would have stayed if he wasn't HC. It was all or nothing with him.

Either way we would have been better then what we are today.
I wasn't a Fangio fan and I still would prefer someone else.
How the hell did they ever decide to get rid of Harbaugh?? It has been 2 years and I still can't believe they were dumb enough to do that.

A decade of disaster followed by 3 years on the verge of greatness, only to throw it all away because you don't like someone's personality and he was getting too much credit.

Makes me laugh thinking they will be paying Tomusla and Kelly and Baalke and all the assistants while having to cough up big money to get anyone to actually got to SF.

Until I realize that means they will just spend less on payroll...
Originally posted by McClusky:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Tomsula was obviously the greatest teacher ever.

That is what's important.... to Jed

I mean, I bet that guy can teach you how to make a mean meatball sub.

And all the tricks to get high score in Mario Bros.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bigmur49:
How the hell did they ever decide to get rid of Harbaugh?? It has been 2 years and I still can't believe they were dumb enough to do that.

A decade of disaster followed by 3 years on the verge of greatness, only to throw it all away because you don't like someone's personality and he was getting too much credit.

Makes me laugh thinking they will be paying Tomusla and Kelly and Baalke and all the assistants while having to cough up big money to get anyone to actually got to SF.

for the foreseeable future, it's gonna be near impossible to get any coach worth a s**t to come here and work for Jed.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by bigmur49:

for the foreseeable future, it's gonna be near impossible to get any coach worth a s**t to come here and work for Jed.
I agree. I think it will be either overpay like crazy for an older coach with a big name that the game has passed by, or sign a cheap bargain basement coach that nobody else wanted to begin with.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
After the Harbaugh era Trent Baalke interviewed Adam Gase, and apparently made him an offer. Gase wanted to keep Vic Fangio on as DC, but Baalke and company wanted Jom Tomosula the vaunted DL coach to be DC. Gase wanted to pick his own DC, so he passed on the HC opportunity because apparently he could tell the FO is disfunctional on Bicentennial drive in Santa Clara.

Fast forward a few years, Tomosula is collecting a HC check for not working, and the 2016 niners are on pace to set records in a bad way.

ONE can only imagine how different the team would look, feel, and be prepared if Gase was the HC and Fangio was the DC.

your wrong, baalke offered gase the job

jed wanted gase to hire tomsula as d-cord
fangio said he wouldn't be here unless he was the head coach...I think he was out the door unless he got the Head Coaching gig.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by McClusky:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Tomsula was obviously the greatest teacher ever.

That is what's important.... to Jed

I mean, I bet that guy can teach you how to make a mean meatball sub.

And all the tricks to get high score in Mario Bros.

And how to fart loud
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
fangio said he wouldn't be here unless he was the head coach...I think he was out the door unless he got the Head Coaching gig.

There was a report, IIRC, that Fangio said he'd stay as long as it was Gase or Shanahan/Holmgren.

And...fail again.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 12, 2016 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
someone's been eating the Memberries.

Yeah, our entire fanbase
Share 49ersWebzone