LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

49ers Week 13 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Dude, Kaepernick is completing less then 38% of his passes (not including the Miami game) in the 2nd half
Including the Miami game, he is completing 43% in the 2nd half
Kaep has had terrible games all the time

Didn't say he's been great. I said 1 for 5 with 5 sacks was a fluke.

I'm with you Marvin.

And 2016 has absolutely sucked.

Well my silver-lining is finding out my wife and I will be having a boy.

Gratz!!

Thanks dude. You hang in there. I still look forward to your thread win, lose, or draw.
Rewatching the game !

I'd rather be water boarded
Originally posted by stefano89:
kelly needs another 2 years minimum to see what he can do. wel never know what he can do if we only give him a year or 2 especially with the state our team is in. plus as bad as the whole team an record is our offense really isnt that bad. its our horrible defense that has us where were at. our offense is actually getting yards, something we have not seen in awhile. kelly is working in our TEs to their advantages....receivers are getting catches. anyone who thinks kap had a bad game cause he sucks did not watch this game on TV. it was rain snow an sleet the whole time. no one on either side of the ball could make a catch so even though im not sayin kap is the answer i dont think you can use this game at all to judge qb play.

iv been sayin it over an over, we need to draft fournette. we are an offense based team with a run based offense and our main RB is a big ? we cant go into the future with relying on a unreliable guy to be our #1. imagine the potential with fournette and hyde in a kelly offense. an remember how great hyde is when he isnt getting cow bell like carries every game. its the smartest move for our future. i understand garett is the best prospect in the whole draft and i think everyone sees how bad we need a pass rush. but we can get a pass rusher that will be effective in FA.... there is no player like fournette coming up in the draft or FA anytime soon. plus we might be able to trade back a few picks an still get fournete.

best possible draft....trade back to picks 5-7, get fournette and another 2nd an 3rd rounder at least. worst possible draft....stay at #2 an draft one of these overrated not ready college QBs an stay in this hole even longer

Hey that would be a not so good move drafting Fournette,guy has CHRONIC ANKLE problems,look it up,rather Have Watson or Garrett or Tribisky
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by stefano89:
kelly needs another 2 years minimum to see what he can do. wel never know what he can do if we only give him a year or 2 especially with the state our team is in. plus as bad as the whole team an record is our offense really isnt that bad. its our horrible defense that has us where were at. our offense is actually getting yards, something we have not seen in awhile. kelly is working in our TEs to their advantages....receivers are getting catches. anyone who thinks kap had a bad game cause he sucks did not watch this game on TV. it was rain snow an sleet the whole time. no one on either side of the ball could make a catch so even though im not sayin kap is the answer i dont think you can use this game at all to judge qb play.

iv been sayin it over an over, we need to draft fournette. we are an offense based team with a run based offense and our main RB is a big ? we cant go into the future with relying on a unreliable guy to be our #1. imagine the potential with fournette and hyde in a kelly offense. an remember how great hyde is when he isnt getting cow bell like carries every game. its the smartest move for our future. i understand garett is the best prospect in the whole draft and i think everyone sees how bad we need a pass rush. but we can get a pass rusher that will be effective in FA.... there is no player like fournette coming up in the draft or FA anytime soon. plus we might be able to trade back a few picks an still get fournete.

best possible draft....trade back to picks 5-7, get fournette and another 2nd an 3rd rounder at least. worst possible draft....stay at #2 an draft one of these overrated not ready college QBs an stay in this hole even longer

Hey that would be a not so good move drafting Fournette,guy has CHRONIC ANKLE problems,look it up,rather Have Watson or Garrett or Tribisky

Garrett.

Draft defense, sign offense.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Someone actually rewatched this s**t???
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
1) Kap: Yes, he had a rough day. Yes, It was statistically the worst passing performance by a Niner in like 50 years.

I think peeps need to chill a bit on that tho. The dude ATTEMPTED 5 passes and at least 2 were dropped. He was sacked 5 times. Meanwhile they ran for 122 years in the FIRST HALF. It was pretty clear that the gameplan was to run the hell out of the ball. I kept hearing during the game that he had never played in snow and that he would have to learn how to play in the cold...but it ain't exactly balmy in Reno in the winter. He didn't have much trouble in one of the coldest games on record vs the Packers in a playoff game a few years ago.

I dunno what was up with that game, but honestly I think that was more a fluke than anything else. Now I'm not saying to write it off completely but he had just had his best 4 game stretch in years. Perspective is in order.

Good luck trying to get people to agree with this.

It would be considered a fluke if it didn't happen all the time.

um....

...please show me the last time Kap was 1 for 5 with 5 sacks.

Was Staley playing injured against the Bears or is his age catching up to him?
Do they need to start looking for his successor?
When the whole team is struggling it's hard for me to tell .
Still not sure why the don't put Garnett in next to Staley and move Tiller back in. I thought Tiller was playing better than Beadles
Thanks ! Marvin49 ! Nices job ! BRO !!!!
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
I would rather gargle razor blades then rewatch that game. Pure torture
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Disagree on their rushing offense. Take away QB runs and the OL does not seem to do a good job opening up holes and the YPC is not very good.

...don't really get this to be honest.

"Take away the QB runs". Huh? You can't do that. The QB running is part of the design of the offense. They had ZERO ability to move the ball in the air and still picked up chunks of yards in the run game.

The misdirection of the QB possibly keeping the ball and running is a part of the design.

I'm not trying to make out that they are world beaters or something, but there are MUCH, MUCH bigger fish to fry than the run game.

I'm sorry you don't get this.
Sorry guys...work lately making it harder to get this out in a timely manner.

1) Kap: Yes, he had a rough day. Yes, It was statistically the worst passing performance by a Niner in like 50 years.

I think peeps need to chill a bit on that tho. The dude ATTEMPTED 5 passes and at least 2 were dropped. He was sacked 5 times. Meanwhile they ran for 122 years in the FIRST HALF. It was pretty clear that the gameplan was to run the hell out of the ball. I kept hearing during the game that he had never played in snow and that he would have to learn how to play in the cold...but it ain't exactly balmy in Reno in the winter. He didn't have much trouble in one of the coldest games on record vs the Packers in a playoff game a few years ago.

I dunno what was up with that game, but honestly I think that was more a fluke than anything else. Now I'm not saying to write it off completely but he had just had his best 4 game stretch in years. Perspective is in order.

Gabbert looked like Gabbert. Passes and players feet.

The hate level for Kaep here has gone beyond the realm of actual logic. And this isn't directed at you Marvin

He threw 5 passes (his fault, I guess?)
1 was about a yard short, 2 were dropped/incomplete, one was caught and the final one was a miss. So he missed on 2 passes in a blizzard. 2 passes and people are losing their minds. As far as the sacks, our line got destroyed all game. There were no clean pockets. So 5 sacks, 5 attempted passes. The gameplan was clearly to run the ball. That apparently is the QB's fault.

So now 5 attempted passes in a blizzard wipes away the 9 TDs and 1300 total yards in the previous 4 games? Good luck to whoever we draft to be our QBOTF.

• dj43
Garrett.

Draft defense, sign offense.

I agree on Garrett.

It may prove difficult to sign offense with the current QB situation, at least as far as a wide out is concerned.
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Good luck trying to get people to agree with this.

It would be considered a fluke if it didn't happen all the time.

um....

...please show me the last time Kap was 1 for 5 with 5 sacks.

Was Staley playing injured against the Bears or is his age catching up to him?
Do they need to start looking for his successor?
When the whole team is struggling it's hard for me to tell .
Still not sure why the don't put Garnett in next to Staley and move Tiller back in. I thought Tiller was playing better than Beadles

Yeah...I like Tiller. Not sure whats up there.
I'm curious to see if the Oline plays better with Tiller back in there... with Garrett back to his natural side...and Beatles at tackle.

There might be a drop off at the tackle position (not that Staley has been playing his best)...but there might be better protection up the middle.

Anyway we'll see.

One thing I think everyone knows about, but some might not admit, Tiller got screwed... and our good Oline chemistry to start the season got screwed.
Disagree on their rushing offense. Take away QB runs and the OL does not seem to do a good job opening up holes and the YPC is not very good.

...don't really get this to be honest.

"Take away the QB runs". Huh? You can't do that. The QB running is part of the design of the offense. They had ZERO ability to move the ball in the air and still picked up chunks of yards in the run game.

The misdirection of the QB possibly keeping the ball and running is a part of the design.

I'm not trying to make out that they are world beaters or something, but there are MUCH, MUCH bigger fish to fry than the run game.

I'm sorry you don't get this.

I mean seriously...do we remove the rush yards from ALL teams with running QBs? Buffalo leads the NFL in rushing and Tyrod Taylor has 469 yards.

Cowboys and Titans are 2 and 3. Prescott has 217 yards and Mariota has 310. Do we remove ALL QB run stats from the teams that are good at running the ball or do we only do that with the 49ers to "prove" opinions we already hold?

Hyde has 686 yards despite missing two games and probably shouldn't have even suited up in a third. CERTAINLY not world beating numbers but as I've said before the run game hasn't been fantastic but it is FAR, FAR, FAR from the biggest problem right now.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I'm curious to see if the Oline plays better with Tiller back in there... with Garrett back to his natural side...and Beatles at tackle.

There might be a drop off at the tackle position (not that Staley has been playing his best)...but there might be better protection up the middle.

Anyway we'll see.

One thing I think everyone knows about, but some might not admit, Tiller got screwed... and our good Oline chemistry to start the season got screwed.

I agree on that last point. I didn't think Tiller played himself out of that job. I like seeing Garnett get some playing time to improve for the future, but Tiller was playing well. I thought it was an odd move at the time and continue to think so.
Share 49ersWebzone