There are 185 users in the forums

Training Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i always wondered this too. we seem to have a really bad training staff. Our ACL players almost never recover fully from ACL injuries while other teams' players do.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Exactly what my opinion then was... we drafted the guy, waited until he develops, and when he was blooming, Baalke allowed him to walk even after JH indicated that OFF SEASON that Goldson should be paid..

Baalke just believe that he can get any player he likes, plug him in, and boom, we ready to go !!

Well under Fangio/Donatell, he could. Hell, even Mangini...remember Cromartie and Dontae starting outside and shutting down the Falcons in press?

But under Mangini, everyone, and I mean, everyone is exposed. Even Bowman looked lost.

PS: Goldson was massively overrated unless your only link to 9er football was ESPN highlights.

I wouldn't call that game a JOHNSON shuttin down JULIO.. that year, the entire Falcon team just didn't play to their caliber... Croman and Johnson suck, to tell you the truth...

Johnson was a FS in college and Baalke felt that he can be a lanky type of CB in the NFL similar to Sherman.. because he had some EXPERIENCE playing the position ... and that's the only reason why he plays CB here.. but as you all see, he's yet to develop...

as for Croman, I do like the guy, but he's nothing but more than a backup player..
2 more on IR. Unbelievable
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:

2016 = 14 --- 2015 = 17 --- 2014 = 21

I think we can get to at least 17 by years end. 21 is a record though, that may not be broken.

Forget the SF ACL's...SF I.R.'s
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 13, 2016 at 5:37 PM ]
We didn't have all these injuries when The Bro was working the sidelines

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

You might be onto something!

I think we can get to at least 17 by years end. 21 is a record though, that may not be broken.

And Harbaugh still got us to 8-8.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

And Harbaugh still got us to 8-8.

It's pretty remarkable. Granted that was before the entire veteran staff (2014) turned over to the 6th youngest roster in 2015 but it's still remarkable esp. on the defensive side of the ball with players starting off the streets. It's funny, Trent Dilfer is talking about how the last three coaching staffs have failed the 49ers. Fans are talking about how Baalke needs to be axed, a full FO restructure needs to take place. Jed sucks. The stadium sucks, worst talent in the NFL, etc.

The thing that matters most to me is the players...and our players just can't get on the field and stay on the field now for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS. And again, these are just the players done for the season (many before it even started). This doesn't include all the games lost to MCL and high ankle sprains, shoulder, knee, concussions, migraines, wrist, hamstrings, etc. Constant shifts in personnel lineups each week and it's a ripple effect from there.

Snap counts over the past two years continue to confirm how few collective snaps our current group of young players have gotten and a huge part of that has been b/c of injuries.

Until we get THIS fixed, no HC or FO or owner is going to have any success. Period.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Baalke canned his ass too when he asked for a $0.50 raise.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Baalke canned his ass too when he asked for a $0.50 raise.

There it is...and the curse was born!

Makes sense why gore had to go elsewhere for real therapy. http://www.marinij.com/sports/20150215/nfl-players-like-49ers-gore-swear-by-muscle-activation-technique-used-at-san-rafael-clinic

49ers being a big money market and can afford the most "qualified" "influential" MDs... they are probably allopathic reductionism centric and have no respect for holistic fields of medicine that they deem "quack" and "pseudo" medical sciences.

A lot of money doesn't necessarily pay for the best healthcare because that usually brings staunch arrogance.

I find it ironic that chip claims to be the new age health advocate but yet he is obese.

Just like the alcohol lobbyists keeps Marijuana offenses worse than you know beating your wife.

The pharmaceutical lobbyists make sure guys like tom brady get ridiculed and slandered even though what they are doing obviously works http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2015/10/09/tom-brady-alex-guerrero-neurosafe/
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Makes sense why gore had to go elsewhere for real therapy. http://www.marinij.com/sports/20150215/nfl-players-like-49ers-gore-swear-by-muscle-activation-technique-used-at-san-rafael-clinic

49ers being a big money market and can afford the most "qualified" "influential" MDs... they are probably allopathic reductionism centric and have no respect for holistic fields of medicine that they deem "quack" and "pseudo" medical sciences.

A lot of money doesn't necessarily pay for the best healthcare because that usually brings staunch arrogance.

I find it ironic that chip claims to be the new age health advocate but yet he is obese.

Just like the alcohol lobbyists keeps Marijuana offenses worse than you know beating your wife.

The pharmaceutical lobbyists make sure guys like tom brady get ridiculed and slandered even though what they are doing obviously works http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2015/10/09/tom-brady-alex-guerrero-neurosafe/

Good stuff Match!
Originally posted by Buchy:
Is it not Mark Uyemera or something that is the strength and conditioning coach still? He's been in place since Harbaugh and I think the dude should be fired along with the medical staff. time for a clear out if you see the same issues under 3 different coaching regimes.

If this is even remotely true, with our injury Hx, then agree....clean house adn start over wtih better people.
Unbelievable...just never, ever ends.

Today, 49ers head coach Chip Kelly gave an update on both players' injuries. He was asked where the players might be once the team's offseason activities begin. "I don't know that now," Kelly answered. "I know there's a break with Vance and I think surgery is scheduled with Kilgore."

Kelly was asked what exactly McDonald broke. "I think it's his scapula, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that."

Kelly confirmed that Kilgore suffered a hamstring injury and that it would require surgery. He was asked about surgery being required on a hamstring injury. "I don't think it's exploratory," Kelly said as he laughed.

See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/101499-kelly-gives-updates-vance-mcdonald-daniel-kilgore-injuries/#sthash.bbYzLQBg.dpuf
LMFAO!

This is how I've felt about our players the past three years.

https://vimeo.com/43762138

Perfect!
Share 49ersWebzone