LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Training Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
49 players on I.R. in just 2.5 years is a big f**king problem.

Not even counting the countless others constantly in-out of the lineup d/t various other injuries (Lynch, Ward, Robinson, etc).

Concussions, MCL sprains, high-ankle sprains, etc.

I figured Kelly's system would finally cut down on that. Nope!

Kaepernick didn't trust the trainers/team doctors after they gave him the wrong info.... opted to go outside the team for second opinions and surgeries.

I think everyone should. From Alex to Kaepernick and everyone in between, it's a real issue that shouldn't be ignored.

I don't know if you guys remember when 49er TE Greg Clark injured his ribs during a game? When the team trainer or Dr.shot him up with pain killers they punctured his lung and he was rushed to the ER and hospitalized. I guess there is a reason these guys aren't neuro-surgeons and such.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Theyre doing a bang up job
Originally posted by dj43:
49 players on I.R. in just 2.5 years is a big f**king problem.

Not even counting the countless others constantly in-out of the lineup d/t various other injuries (Lynch, Ward, Robinson, etc).

Concussions, MCL sprains, high-ankle sprains, etc.

I figured Kelly's system would finally cut down on that. Nope!

Players that do not have good technique usually get hurt more often and more seriously than players that are more technically sound. Maybe a chicken/egg deal.

My personal opinion is that players are getting to the point that unless they are very careful to keep their overall strength profile in balance, they will be more susceptible to injuries.

This is an excellent point. One thing I do respect about how the Hawks are trained is proper technique with tackling, gang tackling, stripping the ball, etc. I didn't get that sense from us this off season.

Also, their scheme has been the same since day one too so as players, there's no hesitation. Hesitation in any sports = injuries. As a coach, I used to say, "S/he who hesitates, gets hurt." And I'd see that time and time again. With complex schemes under HaRoman, then Mangini and now, O'Neil, like thl illustrated, players are STILL trying to play while thinking...just a theory.
Originally posted by Sourball:
I don't know if you guys remember when 49er TE Greg Clark injured his ribs during a game? When the team trainer or Dr.shot him up with pain killers they punctured his lung and he was rushed to the ER and hospitalized. I guess there is a reason these guys aren't neuro-surgeons and such.

That's right. I had forgotten about that one.

Makes me wonder how poorly Willis, J.Smith, etc. and others were taken care of that lead to earlier retirements.
Originally posted by dj43:
My personal opinion is that players are getting to the point that unless they are very careful to keep their overall strength profile in balance, they will be more susceptible to injuries.

Definitely this. We're at a point where the only conditioning innovations really left are about balancing strength profiles and flexibility.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
baalke drafts pussies.

yup like that cotton candy dude from Oregon.

I'm sure Bowman is glad Trent drafted Reid.
If we were winning, battling for home field, most of these guys would play through the pain, injuries hurt more when you suck!
So we have a crappy training staff, guys not playing through injuries what's the reason to , and guys who don't know what they are doing so they hesitate. Is this fixable in the draft? Lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
to make a long story short..

ONLY THE STRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG SURVIVEEEEE !!!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SoCold:
baalke drafts pussies.

Should have paid goldson and not traded up instead draft that beast center the Cowboys took with our pick.

#SOFT
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
baalke drafts pussies.

Should have paid goldson and not traded up instead draft that beast center the Cowboys took with our pick.

Exactly what my opinion then was... we drafted the guy, waited until he develops, and when he was blooming, Baalke allowed him to walk even after JH indicated that OFF SEASON that Goldson should be paid..

Baalke just believe that he can get any player he likes, plug him in, and boom, we ready to go !!
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Is it not Mark Uyemera or something that is the strength and conditioning coach still? He's been in place since Harbaugh and I think the dude should be fired along with the medical staff. time for a clear out if you see the same issues under 3 different coaching regimes.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Exactly what my opinion then was... we drafted the guy, waited until he develops, and when he was blooming, Baalke allowed him to walk even after JH indicated that OFF SEASON that Goldson should be paid..

Baalke just believe that he can get any player he likes, plug him in, and boom, we ready to go !!

Well under Fangio/Donatell, he could. Hell, even Mangini...remember Cromartie and Dontae starting outside and shutting down the Falcons in press?

But under Mangini, everyone, and I mean, everyone is exposed. Even Bowman looked lost.

PS: Goldson was massively overrated unless your only link to 9er football was ESPN highlights.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 8, 2016 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Buchy:
Is it not Mark Uyemera or something that is the strength and conditioning coach still? He's been in place since Harbaugh and I think the dude should be fired along with the medical staff. time for a clear out if you see the same issues under 3 different coaching regimes.

Dude is propped up every year as the best...every year, it's been a disaster.
Share 49ersWebzone