LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Anyone else really fall off from watching the team this year for the first time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just curious to see if it's just me or not.

I'm 31 and have been rooting for the team since age 7. I sat through every single second of every single game during the dark ages of 2003-2010.

For the most part, I watched just about all of last season or even 80% of it.

But this year, for the first time as a fan, I've missed a significant portion of the season. There are a handful of games I missed entirely. Others I either listened to on radio for a bit or caught a half. I have only watched the opener, Panthers game, and Pats game in their entirety.

I think that's the most disheartening thing this year; not that they stink, but that for the first time ever---I don't care anymore. I used to fly cross-country once a year on a limited college budget to see home openers during the dark years and even a hapless 2009 Week 14 matchup against the Lions when neither had anything to play for. During the Harbs years, I was going all over to see them--even SF for the Saints playoff, ATL for the NFCCG, and luckily won tickets to the Super Bowl.

And now....I don't even care to watch them on TV, let alone go down to SC to see them play for 20 bucks. If you'd ever told me that I'd be living a half hour away from the stadium and could get tickets that cheap, and that I wouldn't attend a single game for two straight seasons...I'd have said you were crazy.

Anyways, I'm just curious if this year has been the same for others who have been staunch fans through it all.
  • evil
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/187276-least-interested-you-have-been-9ers-team/
Share 49ersWebzone