LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

If the 49ers were to draft/sign a QB in the offseason. Who would develop him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Himself. Apparently the QB is the only one responsible for development. At least that was what I've been told here.

I'd rather our QB be developed by a guy who played the game but whoever we use, he needs to be good and needs to be here for a while. If it's Chip then I don't want to see him canned in a year.
[ Edited by Blindfury on Nov 23, 2016 at 11:28 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Kense:
There is no point at all in drafting a QB higher than round 3. They need to build the Defense first. There are no QB's coming out in the draft that are impressive.

There is almost no sense in drafting a QB lower than round 2. I wish people would learn how few QBs drafted after the 2nd round amount to anything. There are so few examples in NFL history, yet people are always advocating us trying to find a gem late in the draft. It is mind boggling.

good point if there is a qb worthy of are 2nd pick. and there is not
  • Kense
  • Veteran
There is almost no sense in drafting a QB lower than round 2. I wish people would learn how few QBs drafted after the 2nd round amount to anything. There are so few examples in NFL history, yet people are always advocating us trying to find a gem late in the draft. It is mind boggling.

All QB's are a question mark, ALL of them. Even high draft picks. How many actually work out. It's rare no matter where they are taken. If the team around them sucks like most high draft picks they will pretty much suck as well and be damaged goods. There is nobody in this draft that I would consider a 1rst round QB . Maybe late 2nd rounder at best.
[ Edited by Kense on Nov 23, 2016 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Kense:

All QB's are a question mark, ALL of them. Even high draft picks. How many actually work out. It's rare no matter where they are taken. If the team around them sucks like most high draft picks they will pretty much suck as well and be damaged goods. There is nobody in this draft that I would consider a 1rst round QB . Maybe late 2nd rounder at best.
This is why we need a coach that can develope QB's. These guys are not always ready to come in and play right away.
Find the best guy in or out of football and PAY him.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Find the best guy in or out of football and PAY him.

Who would be the best guy?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Share 49ersWebzone