There are 181 users in the forums

Is it time to trade Joe Staley?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time to trade Joe Staley?

Originally posted by jcs:
Franchise LT's are typically considered the 2nd hardest role to fill on the Offense because of their importance. He's our best player on the offense and still playing at a probowl level. He's also the one veteran on this team to provide leadership on that side of the ball. Trade him and what do you have?

A rebuild. Which is where we're now anyway.

It also wouldn't hurt to see how Trent Brown would fare at left tackle.
http://www.knbr.com/2016/10/23/49ers-willing-to-trade-joe-staley-report/

This is a good read on the reasons not to trade him.

ok they are very good reasons honestly, I agree if traded we turn a position of strength to a weakness..id honestly ask Joe how he feels, he deserves a say..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

ok they are very good reasons honestly, I agree if traded we turn a position of strength to a weakness..id honestly ask Joe how he feels, he deserves a say..

Joe wants to be a niner for life. And I do agree that if we get a top qb we need protection for him. Look at Luck for crying out loud. poor guy gets hit every week.
This is gonna suck for our rookie qb we draft next year...
Trading viable players to create more positions of need in the offseason? Stupid.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Lol at everyone who wants to keep Staley on this garbage ass team.

I hope they do trade him to a contender, Joe deserves a ring.

Lol at everyone who wants to get rid of a fine player and the veteran leadership on the O. What do you think teams build around?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Joe wants to be a niner for life. And I do agree that if we get a top qb we need protection for him. Look at Luck for crying out loud. poor guy gets hit every week.

Yup which is worse is we really cant see what he can actually do in this league..maybe we can trade for him and keep Staley lol
The willingness to trade Joe just says even more about baalke. All those failed draft picks have come back to haunt. Now he is left trying to trade a once in a generation player because he's been so inept with acquiring talent.
Just another reason this Turkey has to be fired!!!!!!!
Originally posted by English:

Lol at everyone who wants to get rid of a fine player and the veteran leadership on the O. What do you think teams build around?

Uhhh, they build around young franchise players and not left tackles in the twilight of their careers?!?
Another glairing hole this team will have and not be adresssed. Fan f**king tastic, this team is a mess. only thing getting me through this season is watching the old 80s & 90s Niners. Glad for Staley though, he doesn't deserve to be with this hot garbage orginization.

Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
The willingness to trade Joe just says even more about baalke. All those failed draft picks have come back to haunt. Now he is left trying to trade a once in a generation player because he's been so inept with acquiring talent.
Just another reason this Turkey has to be fired!!!!!!!

Before using it as another stick to beat the tam, let's fine out if there is any truth in it. Even Florio admits it could be pure speculation
This report has to be fake. Who is going to play LT next season when we draft our new QB?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Another glairing hole this team will have and not be adresssed. Fan f**king tastic, this team is a mess. only thing getting me through this season is watching the old 80s & 90s Niners. Glad for Staley though, he doesn't deserve to be with this hot garbage orginization.

LOL the only thing getting me through this season is thinking of the future with Watson and Jeffery running the offense..( hopefully ) oh yeah and the Warriors season starts Tuesday which will help a lot..
Originally posted by English:

Not this.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
This report has to be fake. Who is going to play LT next season when we draft our new QB?

As of right now Brown moves to LT and Theus becomes the RT.
Share 49ersWebzone