LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Is it time to trade Joe Staley?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time to trade Joe Staley?

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Great idea then instead of taking Garrett or a franchise qb we'll have to take his replacement.

It's left tackle you can't run with swiss cheese.

Trade Joe Staley. Draft a QB early in the draft. Let your young QB get mauled after Staley's replacement completely bombs.

-Webzone logic.
  • exile
  • Veteran
Maybe we could call Washington, offer the trade, and keep hitting refresh until the offer looks good. I mean, so long as there's pizza and beer in front of us, we can chill on the couch trying to min/max our trades all night. We should also find some hax for Kap while we're at it. Maybe buy a better controller.
Trade the best player on the offense?

Naw.
BLOW! IT! UP! BLOW! IT! UP!
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
For his sake I hope we do. Kinda feel bad for the guy being one of the few to stick it out with us. Hope he gets a ring down the road.
Can someone trade me please.
Can we trade teams but keep the name?
Originally posted by father49er:
Trade Staley? Are you Trent Baalke?

Ya man he'll trade Staley for a 5th round pick and hope the guy is 1/3th as good as JS, just like with Andy Lee
[ Edited by donalddole on Oct 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM ]
Its annoying that people think you have to completely hit rock bottom to start to get any better. Keep your good players, upgrade positions when possible and its a clear upgrade.
No way! If we trade Staley, we won't have any tackles left after chip trades Trent brown away once Baalke is fired.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Baalke musta started this thread.
Sure lets trade the best player on our team at arguably the hardest position to find in the NFL after QB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Staley still has a couple of good productive years left.
O-line, in particular pass pro is a strength. So we should turn our obe strength into a weakness while trying to rebuild? All for a 4th round pick or something? Pass.

The only way you entertain this is if Staley asked for it. Otherwise, hell no.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Great idea then instead of taking Garrett or a franchise qb we'll have to take his replacement.

It's left tackle you can't run with swiss cheese.

Trade Joe Staley. Draft a QB early in the draft. Let your young QB get mauled after Staley's replacement completely bombs.

-Webzone logic.

This. We actually have an O-line I'd be comfortable putting a rookie QB behind.
Share 49ersWebzone