There are 171 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Curticio11:
#2 will be our ceiling until the fudge packers lose...

we won't hit the top until the packers are a game behind us.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
crazy how cincy is playing since we beat them. it would be funny as hell to go to the superbowl and beat them for a 3rd time after knocking out GB in the conference championship game

hello manny lawson, clements & mays
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
crazy how cincy is playing since we beat them. it would be funny as hell to go to the superbowl and beat them for a 3rd time after knocking out GB in the conference championship game

hello manny lawson, clements & mays

Championship.

i like their team, nice defense and dalton plays much better then suppossed for a rookie. they have a nice core of young talent and could add quite more with two 1st rounders next year. nevertheless, would be big fun to beat them in s SB
Right now it's fine to have the Steelers at #2 as it gives the 9ers more incentive to knock them off toward the end of the season. Pitt has been a good team for a while and deserve more recognition than the upstart 9ers--all the better! With Baltimore, NY and Pitt as the three remaining teams with high potential the 9ers are in the catbird seat. Harbaugh can play with managing the games toward the playoffs, getting more people involved and practicing trouble areas. It would be great to be #4 or #5 going into the playoffs. Who would have thought?
We're probably gonna stay at 3 and the Giants are probably gonna leapfrog us to #2 since they beat the Patriots on the road. And of course, the Niners play in a weak division
Originally posted by samoan49er:
We're probably gonna stay at 3 and the Giants are probably gonna leapfrog us to #2 since they beat the Patriots on the road. And of course, the Niners play in a weak division

I still love when I hear that coming from other team's fans and ESPN analysts because you then know they don't have a clue or have watched the 9ers play this year. Just looking at the first 8 games of the 9ers schedule should be enough for someone not to say that the 9ers are playing well because they are in the West.

It reminds me of the late 1980s when UNLV was in the Big West. Everybody said UNLV basketball isn't that good...but then they failed to realize that the team would dominate non-Big West opponents including powerhouse teams.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by samoan49er:

I still love when I hear that coming from other team's fans and ESPN analysts because you then know they don't have a clue or have watched the 9ers play this year. Just looking at the first 8 games of the 9ers schedule should be enough for someone not to say that the 9ers are playing well because they are in the West.

It reminds me of the late 1980s when UNLV was in the Big West. Everybody said UNLV basketball isn't that good...but then they failed to realize that the team would dominate non-Big West opponents including powerhouse teams.

If the 9ers beat a team, that team is not as good as first thought...or they had a bad week. the 9ers have to keep this up to gain respect...which is fine for keeping the motivation up!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If the 9ers beat a team, that team is not as good as first thought...or they had a bad week. the 9ers have to keep this up to gain respect...which is fine for keeping the motivation up!

I think this is actually a benefit for us. People keep finding ways to put the 9ers down which means they always underestimate them. It is good to be the underdog.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:
I think this is actually a benefit for us. People keep finding ways to put the 9ers down which means they always underestimate them. It is good to be the underdog.

It's used so often now, it's almost a cliche, but it works, especially when it's true, the No Respect motivational tool.

Originally posted by Otter:
It's used so often now, it's almost a cliche, but it works, especially when it's true, the No Respect motivational tool.

Go with whatever works right?
Originally posted by Otter:

Who respects us? Nobody!!!
  • lyer
  • Veteran
1. Green Bay Anime Princesses (8-0)
2. San Francisco Harbaughs (7-1)
3. Baltimore Other Harbaughs (6-2)
4. New York "Tom Coughlin is the Reddest Man Alive" Giants (6-2)
5. New Orleans Saints presented by Mercedes Benz (5-3)
6. Cincinnatti Danger Daltons (6-2)
7. Pittsburgh "Stop Washing Your Hair and Get Your Nose in the Playbook" Steelers (6-3)
8. Detroit "At Least Our Coordinators Don't Rape Boys" Nittany Lions (6-2)
9. Houston "About to go 2-5" Texans (6-3)
10. New York "Prism is a Big Stupid f*ggot" Jets (5-3)
11. Chicago Matt Forte and Some Dudes (5-3)
12. New England "XFD Boston Sports" Patriots (5-3)
13. Toronto "NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS" Bills (5-3)
14. Atlanta "Could We BE Any More Average?" Falcons (5-3)
15. San Diego "Well f**k, Someone Has To Win This Division Right?" Chargers (4-4)
16. Dallas Rob Ryan and Tony Romos Ribs (4-4)
17. Tennessee Hasseldragons (4-4)
18. Tampa Bay "Why Doesn't Anyone Come to Our Games? We Have a f**king Pirate Ship" Buccaneers (4-4)
19. Kansas City "At Least We're Not the Raiders" Chiefs (4-4)
20. Philadelphia Dream Team (3-5)
21. Oakland "How Long Til the Terelle Pryor Era?" Raiders (4-4)
22. Carolina Cammy Cam Wham Bam Fee Fi Foe Fam Newtons (2-6)
23. Minnesota "Sinking Party Ship" Vikings (2-6)
24. Tim Tebow (3-5)
25. Cleveland CARLTON MITCHELLs (3-5)
26. Seattle "Barkleywatch" Seahawks (2-6)
27. Jacksonville "Favrewatch" Jaguars (2-6)
28. Arizona "How Did We Trade For Kevin Kolb and Get The Better Player?" Cardinals (2-6)
29. Washington "Remember When We Were 3-0?" Redskins (3-5)
30. St. Louis "At Least We Beat the Saints" Rams (1-7)
31. Miami "Bill Cowher Please Bring Your Talents to South Beach" Dolphins (1-7)
32. Indianapolis "Do I EVen Need to Say ANything?" Colts (0-9)

lol found these somewhere
Number 2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
La Cantina is such a hater
http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts
Share 49ersWebzone