LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
yeah, people assume that because a team throws and scores a lot then you have to beat them in a track meet. No, you have to take them off their game and play your game. A team with a defense like ours and a running game like ours doesn't need to worry about all of a sudden becoming a spread-offense hurling 50 yard bombs, it needs to do exactly what it does, which, if done successfully, will keep someone like Rodgers on the sideline and keep the score low.

People buy into this whole hype of "QB duels." They are never on the field at the same time. If we play the Packers, Carlos Rogers and Patrick Willis, et al, will be "dueling" with Aaron Rodgers, while Alex Smith duels with Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson. etc.

I guess people assume Our D is going to get smoked and for some reason we won't be able to run the ball (Packers arent a great rush D). When it comes down to it If we play our best there's not a team we can't beat playing our style of ball imo.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I could careless about Power Rankings they love or hate you from week to week so why should people care. I could careless if we were #32 with a 13-3 record.
Originally posted by Antix:
I guess people assume Our D is going to get smoked and for some reason we won't be able to run the ball (Packers arent a great rush D). When it comes down to it If we play our best there's not a team we can't beat playing our style of ball imo.

hell yeah. its awesome and strange but its true.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I could careless about Power Rankings they love or hate you from week to week so why should people care. I could careless if we were #32 with a 13-3 record.

THIS
We are #2 on the real power rankings: 2nd best record in football.
I feel bad for the people that have to make the rankings this week. What are they supposed to do? Where do you put the Saints? Or the Eagles?

I would think the Packers and Niners will be at the top, but after that it's pretty wide open.
It's not the BCS.

Can anyone say what Green Bay's power ranking was at the beginning of the playoffs last year?
Originally posted by fryet:
We had better be ranked #2 this week, after New England and New Orleans lost. We are just a more consistent team than those 2, mainly due to our defense. We won't be able to get ranked higher than Green Bay until they start losing. But since we don't win with a high powered offense, I think power rankers will have a hard time ranking the 49ers high. They value offense over defense.

They'll rank PIT higher than us.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
We should not be #3 overall. I don't think we are a top 5 team really.

Winning is the only measuring stick for success. 6-1 is the second best record in the NFL right now, therefore we should be #2 on rankings.

We are definitely a top 5 team IMO. The running game has really found it's groove lately. Defense is top 5. You are not gonna find a better Special Teams unit than ours. We aren't perfect...the passing game needs work obviously. But add up all our parts and we have a hell of a football team. If we can improve to a middle of the pack passing team, we can be a serious threat to make a deep run in the playoffs.
I really could care less where they rank us because the 9ers have undeniable mojo with a 6-1 record. Logic would suggest that we should be at #2 because of the record. They are in fact winning. The Eagles make a great case to be in the top 10 even with a 3-4 record. But where do the Saints and Patriots go now? If the 9ers aren't number 2 then it'll be amusing to see who these goofballs put there and their reasoning behind it.

Top 5 in every power ranking should be expected at this point.
LOL power rankings
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
We had better be ranked #2 this week, after New England and New Orleans lost. We are just a more consistent team than those 2, mainly due to our defense. We won't be able to get ranked higher than Green Bay until they start losing. But since we don't win with a high powered offense, I think power rankers will have a hard time ranking the 49ers high. They value offense over defense.

They can rank my nut sack higher for all I care.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by ninerfan97:

They can rank my nut sack higher for all I care.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
LOL power rankings

LOL, and yet you come into this thread and post. If power rankings don't matter to you then why even bother coming into the thread?

I bet we will be #2 in NFL and ESPN power polls.
Share 49ersWebzone