LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Goodbye WR Aaron Burbridge! - 6th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
common fellassss..????? it really DOESNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT MATTEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR HOWWWWWWWW SLOWWWWWWWWW THE JABRONI IS!!!

Jerry Rice was very ORDINARYYYYYYY with a time clock all around him... but once the whole secondary got around him, he became EXTRAAAAAA ORDINARRRYYYY!!!!

a player will be great and will have a great career as long as the fire within him keeps on burnin!!

You should give motivational speeches to our wrs
Someone get jed on the line ASAP
I like this kid. I think he is a good football player. I think he could be a Jason Avant type, 50 reception slot receiver for us.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the team. Watched a lot of MSU games and was consistently good in a lot of their games and sometimes great. Bailed Cook out a ton and I trust that our guys saw that when scouting Cook.

You have to wonder what makes a college teams offense go. Last year you wondered if Johnny Manzel made Evans cause he bought him time or if Evans bailed him out. So I wondered if he made Cook look good or if Cook made him look good? I do like that he fights for the ball. He is super strong wr, I believe he has 20 reps in the bench press was the strongest among wr. Knowing the route tree, he is a little more polished than other wr's.
  • Driew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
You have to wonder what makes a college teams offense go. Last year you wondered if Johnny Manzel made Evans cause he bought him time or if Evans bailed him out. So I wondered if he made Cook look good or if Cook made him look good? I do like that he fights for the ball. He is super strong wr, I believe he has 20 reps in the bench press was the strongest among wr. Knowing the route tree, he is a little more polished than other wr's.

I didn't watch MSU that much other than the Oregon games the past two years. But I remember reading a comment on here (could have been reddit) after Aaron was drafted about "Well Aaron was able to catch Connor Cook's passes thrown behind him so he should do great with Kap!"
So I wondered if he made Cook look good or if Cook made him look good?

He made Cook look good on a lot of off-target throws that were behind him or at his feet. It was one of the knocks on Cook, that as mediocre as his completion percentage was, it could have been worse without guys like Burbridge.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 8, 2016 at 5:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Driew:

I didn't watch MSU that much other than the Oregon games the past two years. But I remember reading a comment on here (could have been reddit) after Aaron was drafted about "Well Aaron was able to catch Connor Cook's passes thrown behind him so he should do great with Kap!"

You read it here on the zone.
sounding like he's doing some good things in practice...can't wait to see what he can do in the preseason
Looking good so far. I like that he can make catches in traffic. Shows he has no fear.

Hopefully he can take Patton's spot I hate that dude.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Looking good so far. I like that he can make catches in traffic. Shows he has no fear.

Hopefully he can take Patton's spot I hate that dude.

Amen. Given how oft-injured Ellington is, you need another Swiss-army-knife player who's tough and can make tons of contested catches in traffic.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Amen. Given how oft-injured Ellington is, you need another Swiss-army-knife player who's tough and can make tons of contested catches in traffic.

It is exactly because of this history that I don't think Chip keeps Ellington. I'm probably wrong, but if you get injured often, you aren't one of chip's men. And it may not be fair, but I understand it.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 6, 2016 at 9:11 AM ]

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

It is exactly because of this history that I don't think Chip keeps Ellington. I'm probably wrong, but if you get injured often, you aren't one of chip's men. And it may not be fair, but I understand it.

Completely understand it.

if a guy can't play for whatever reason then we need to get someone who can play.
Safe to say Ellington isn't going anywhere. Burbridge VS Treggs gonna be a serious battle. Treggs is more of a deep threat(Djax/Mac role?), Burbridge is stronger, whose the better route runner?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
One if not Two from those 3 will find his self in IR... this is one way not to lose them.. but IMO, Ellington and Treggs (nickname: Tres Juevos) are such similar type of player, so why not trade ELLINGTON.. he's got more value.. and we know Burbridge is a keeper..
Ellington will have value if he beasts it this year. Don't think he has much right now or even after a good pre season.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Safe to say Ellington isn't going anywhere. Burbridge VS Treggs gonna be a serious battle. Treggs is more of a deep threat(Djax/Mac role?), Burbridge is stronger, whose the better route runner?

I'd say Treggs might be the better route runner at this point. Basing that purely off of college though. Treggs already has experience playing on the inside in a spread scheme. Very quick and can get separation. Burbridge not quick, but tougher and can make spectacular contested catches at times.

DeAndrew White is still in the mix too. Barrows reporting he's the 2nd string slot WR at the moment. Also bring some value as KR/PR and a gunner. Gonna be a battle between he, Burbridge, and Treggs.
Share 49ersWebzone