LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

Ronald Blair-DE-Appalachian State-signs with Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Good to see. He's an integral part of this defense

He really is. This is great news...good 6-7 month's removed. 9 by the season. If we can get him back 100% by December for the playoff run, that'll be huge.
Maybe Blair might make the 53, and not be on PUP, Jullian Taylor probably will since he just tore it in December, but if the season gets pushed back, I could see Blair starting on the 53(48) week 1.

But I agree with NC, a fully heathy Blair, and Taylor for the playoffs will be killer for offensive lines to handle.
losing him and Jones last year was huge for this D line.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

And Damontre Moore immediately after Blair was a huge drop off.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT'S BACK !!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

We needed both in the super bowl last year. Would have had a 6th if not for losing both these guys.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yup, that's who i forgot. I would desperately love to have seen that game with us having our entire DL healthy. With just Dee alone healthy, I think we win. Still we would have needed to have blows for Bosa, Arik and DeFo. So it really would have taken all 8 guys.

And when you add in the spectacularly ugly part about KC OL holding, and here i am specifically thinking of Nick all damn game, it would have made a game changing difference if we had our rotational guys available. You just can't go at Nick's speed, Arik's speed and Buck's speed against a guy like Mahomes, without some time for a blow. The energy those 3 guys expended was phenomenal, and they just worked and worked and worked some more. The fact their OL held all game made it twice as hard, maybe more.

Great teachable moment there for kyle. If the opponents OL is going go hold, then tell our OL to do the same. If refs call it on us, then kyle can say, "well, call it on them too." Unfortunately that never happened and Andy Reid pulled one over on Kyle. Never again tho.

We seem to keep losing the gamesmanship battle in recent Super Bowls.
really need this guy to come back strong since Ford is unreliable again this year

When is the earliest Blair can be back? I'm guessing around Nov b/c that'll be the 1 year mark post ACL surgery
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Sep 18, 2020 at 9:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
really need this guy to come back strong since Ford is unreliable again this year

When is the earliest Blair can be back? I'm guessing around Nov b/c that'll be the 1 year mark post ACL surgery

Agreed. Ford is useless. Never healthy and quite frankly does not meet expectatuons in my opinion.

looking forward to Blair in the lineup so 17 million dollars can sit in the stands and staff can question their decisions.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Sep 18, 2020 at 6:25 PM ]

What's the status on Blair?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

He was placed on the PUP list, which means he can't play or even practice with the team for the first six weeks of the season. After that, the team has three weeks to activate him or put him on IR.
Blair will be needed big time later in the season!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Bro so many people don't acknowledge this and give all the credit to Ford.
We need Ronald more than ever!!
Share 49ersWebzone