LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Ronald Blair-DE-Appalachian State-signs with Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Giedi:
totally agree. I think a one bedroom studio in SF is going to cost you about $3,000 + dollars per month

If I was a marginal pro athlete ( not one of the star players ) I would never buy a house in the city I played in because there is always that chance that you get cut or traded. I'd either have my home in a low property tax area or in my home state.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
A pro football player lives in an apartment?! Bay area housing prices suck

It's probably a nicer apartment, and he probably just rents during the season and lives back east.
Originally posted by fip24:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
A pro football player lives in an apartment?! Bay area housing prices suck

Saving his money- good for him.
Love to see the team give him a 2 year extension- 2m sign on and 2.5 salary per. We get him for the playoff push next year and 2021 at a discount and he gets a nice payday in case his knee does not heal correctly.

3 years. We aren't getting him for much of next year I'm thinking.
We sorely miss this guy. While Ronnie isn't a world beater, he's a quality player and ensured that tackles didn't get a break when Bosa and Ford were off the field.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 27, 2019 at 12:19 PM ]
One of my favorite players along the dline rotation. Him and Dj Jones are a huge part of DL that many don't talk about, enough Zettle and Day Taylor
I remember Blair as a rookie in the preseason. Lots and lots of hustle. I hoped they would keep him. But if I remember right, his first couple of years here the team played a 3-4 and he seemed like a bit of a tweener - not quite stout enough to be a solid DT but not quite quick enough to do all the things well that an outside linebacker needed to do. But I loved the hustle.

It seems like he's a more natural fit for defending and rushing from the edge in Saleh's defense. Or maybe he's just kept improving. Or both. I hope his ACL heals up well (and quickly) and that he makes it back on the team. I agree with most of you who are saying that he is a real asset to the team. And I love his hustle.
I hope he sticks around, he is a great contributor
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I remember Blair as a rookie in the preseason. Lots and lots of hustle. I hoped they would keep him. But if I remember right, his first couple of years here the team played a 3-4 and he seemed like a bit of a tweener - not quite stout enough to be a solid DT but not quite quick enough to do all the things well that an outside linebacker needed to do. But I loved the hustle.

It seems like he's a more natural fit for defending and rushing from the edge in Saleh's defense. Or maybe he's just kept improving. Or both. I hope his ACL heals up well (and quickly) and that he makes it back on the team. I agree with most of you who are saying that he is a real asset to the team. And I love his hustle.

I've always said they should have Ronnie drop a few lbs and move permanently to edge. I think he would be a solid full-time edge player coming off the bench.

But they positional "flexibility."
Losing him and Jones and even Taylor on top of Ford was brutal. When all are healthy this is a devastating DL that can keep individual snap down down and still dominate
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Losing him and Jones and even Taylor on top of Ford was brutal. When all are healthy this is a devastating DL that can keep individual snap down down and still dominate

Yea Imagine them rotating in versus Thomas Mitchell and Zettel

Saleh missed Blair & DJ in the SB...they're two dependable guys in the rotation. I'm thinking they re-sign Ron...he shouldn't cost a ton and his value's been proven. Saw an article by a USA Today sportswriter that suggested 3 things: 1) Tag Armstead, then trade him for draft pick(s). Lynch needs picks between rds 2-5. 2) Release Staley. He acknowledged making that move would be unpopular with players and fans...but it would result in almost $11M in cap space. With that, Lynch could arguably sign 2-3 FA's. 3) Cut McKinnon & Coleman & save @ $9M in cap space. Trading Armstead means Lynch should re-sign Blair, Westbrooks is already signed, but add more DL depth. Brunskill would compete w/McGlinchey to replace Staley. Wouldn't be hard at all to replace Coleman...always plenty of good RB's in the draft or UDFA's. Beyond that, draft a good OT and OG/C to bolster the OL.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Saleh missed Blair & DJ in the SB...they're two dependable guys in the rotation. I'm thinking they re-sign Ron...he shouldn't cost a ton and his value's been proven. Saw an article by a USA Today sportswriter that suggested 3 things: 1) Tag Armstead, then trade him for draft pick(s). Lynch needs picks between rds 2-5. 2) Release Staley. He acknowledged making that move would be unpopular with players and fans...but it would result in almost $11M in cap space. With that, Lynch could arguably sign 2-3 FA's. 3) Cut McKinnon & Coleman & save @ $9M in cap space. Trading Armstead means Lynch should re-sign Blair, Westbrooks is already signed, but add more DL depth. Brunskill would compete w/McGlinchey to replace Staley. Wouldn't be hard at all to replace Coleman...always plenty of good RB's in the draft or UDFA's. Beyond that, draft a good OT and OG/C to bolster the OL.

Brilliant. Cut the number 5 pass protecting left tackle in the NFL.

And the replacement plan?

Draft a good OT.

Of course. Why didn't we think of that? You should be a GM.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Draft a good OT.

Brunskill proved he can play. Skule did as well. I'd hate to release him but we have the depth to survive
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Draft a good OT.

Brunskill proved he can play. Skule did as well. I'd hate to release him but we have the depth to survive

Well, Skule was more of a work in progress. But I don't think you cut Staley this year. Chemistry is very important on the O line.
Originally posted by Squidp:

They proved they can play for a few games. Let's see them do it again before we cut a guy who is still playing a high level.
Share 49ersWebzone