There are 135 users in the forums

Ronald Blair-DE-Appalachian State-142nd Overall Pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
This guy will need a injury to get playing time ... 5 first round picks
Potential trade and we keep Moore behind him. Maybe worth a 4th rounder or so...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Potential trade and we keep Moore behind him. Maybe worth a 4th rounder or so...

Trade Blair and you've only got 3 edge players(Bosa, Ford, Moore). You're an injury or two away from having AA and Solly at edge full-time again.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Trade Blair and you've only got 3 edge players(Bosa, Ford, Moore). You're an injury or two away from having AA and Solly at edge full-time again.

I believe Thomas and Armstead are both above Blair in the rotation anyway. So Moore would be the rotational player in that scenario and not Blair, which to me is a marginal deference. But Blair probably has more trade value.

I believe Thomas and Armstead are both above Blair in the rotation anyway. So Moore would be the rotational player in that scenario and not Blair, which to me is a marginal deference. But Blair probably has more trade value.

If Saleh has AA & ST above Blair for pass rush rotation then Saleh has to go immediately.
This clown will definitely lose us some games this year again.. his "learning" on the job has cost us wins & I have a feeling it will again this year.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

If Saleh has AA & ST above Blair for pass rush rotation then Saleh has to go immediately.
This clown will definitely lose us some games this year again.. his "learning" on the job has cost us wins & I have a feeling it will again this year.

For me, ST rushing from DE is essentially the same effectiveness (mediocre) as Blair, so I don't really see a downside. I think AA is probably better than all three. But the point is Blair is one of the best 9 DL, it's just he may have trade value, so I'd take a 4th for him.
For me, ST rushing from DE is essentially the same effectiveness (mediocre) as Blair

While Blair isn't some world-beater, he's a much better edge rusher than Solomon and AA. Those two combine for a grand total of zero sacks and very few pressures from edge. AA is even worse in this scheme and a liability on the perimeter in this front.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blair has his best season in this new attacking front.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 1, 2019 at 4:47 PM ]
Seems like in this forum we like Blair a lot better than Cassius Marsh. The reason might be due to the fact that he is on a rookie deal. Marsh is 27 years old Blair is 26. In terms of ability on the football field, how much is he better than Cassius Marsh?

Here are the stats for 2018:

Marsh
Snaps 550
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 38
Tackle for loss 7
QB hits 14

Blair
Snaps 534
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 36
Tackle for loss 10
QB hits 14
Originally posted by littleken:
Seems like in this forum we like Blair a lot better than Cassius Marsh. The reason might be due to the fact that he is on a rookie deal. Marsh is 27 years old Blair is 26. In terms of ability on the football field, how much is he better than Cassius Marsh?

Marsh
Snaps 550
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 38
Tackle for loss 7
QB hits 14

Blair
Snaps 534
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 36
Tackle for loss 10
QB hits 14

Nah, some of us watch the tape. Most of Ronald Blair's sacks are clean wins aka high-quality sacks. Blair beat David Bahktiari last year with speed to power. Marsh can only wish to pull that off in Madden.

As I said, Blair isn't some world beater, but he's a lot better than Solly and AA at edge.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 30, 2019 at 5:52 PM ]

Marsh
Snaps 550
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 38
Tackle for loss 7
QB hits 14

Blair
Snaps 534
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 36
Tackle for loss 10
QB hits 14

Nah, some of us watch the tape. Most of Ronald Blair's sacks are clean wins aka high-quality sacks. Blair beat David Bahktiari last year with speed to power. Marsh can only wish to pull that off in Madden.

As I said, Blair isn't some world beater, but he's a lot better than Solly and AA at edge.

Essentially the perfect rotational pass rusher.

Marsh
Snaps 550
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 38
Tackle for loss 7
QB hits 14

Blair
Snaps 534
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 36
Tackle for loss 10
QB hits 14

In addition, equivalent stats also doesn't mean equivalent players that coaches want on the team.

They love Blair, and talk about how he has a future as an NFL coach. Coaches love those guys.

Marsh has a history of complaining about being asked to do his job, and is a mediocre player who draws a lot of attention to himself. Coaches just tolerate those guys at most.

Marsh
Snaps 550
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 38
Tackle for loss 7
QB hits 14

Blair
Snaps 534
Sacks 5.5
Tackles 36
Tackle for loss 10
QB hits 14

Maybe watch the games instead of looking at a stat sheet and you'd realize the difference between the two players

For me, ST rushing from DE is essentially the same effectiveness (mediocre) as Blair

While Blair isn't some world-beater, he's a much better edge rusher than Solomon and AA. Those two combine for a grand total of zero sacks and very few pressures from edge. Not to mention AA is even worse in this scheme. Not to mention a liability on the perimeter in this front.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blair has his best season in this new attacking front.

Agree

While Blair isn't some world-beater, he's a much better edge rusher than Solomon and AA. Those two combine for a grand total of zero sacks and very few pressures from edge. Not to mention AA is even worse in this scheme. Not to mention a liability on the perimeter in this front.

I couldn't agree more. He's still a tweener but he's far more equipped to rush in this W9 compared to AA and ST. AA looks like a damn clown out there with all that space.
Share 49erswebzone