There are 148 users in the forums

Ronald Blair-DE-Appalachian State-142nd Overall Pick

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Top 50 in sacks on the year yet only sees the field about 20 to 25 percent of the snaps

saving him for the playoffs.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Blair, Street, AA, Solomon, and Julian Taylor. Who sticks?

Out of all them, with Thomas' being a first round pick, we could get the most out of a trade for him but would we do it? AA might fetch something similar but he's produced more than Thomas.

I think there's a good chance they all stick except Julian Taylor. We need to see more from him. Street, of course, needs to prove he's healthy next season. Marsh and Watson are on the outside looking in. Their spots should be replaced.

Blair is having a great year. I think they should have him 100% commit to being an edge player next season and get his body right. He said he was around 275 lbs in the offseason. There's clearly some pounds there to be shed.

I hope next year they let him compete for a starting spot.
blair had a quiet 5.5 sacks and he barely plays. Needs to play a lot more.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
blair had a quiet 5.5 sacks and he barely plays. Needs to play a lot more.

Agreed. Better than Marsh.
Best DE and best DL celebration by default.
Anybody have a PFF EDGE subscription? I'd love to know Ronald's 1) Total Pressures and 2) Pressure %

He played well off the edge last year. If we bring in Bosa, I think our backup rotation off the edge is solid with him & Marsh
Why is Blair so disrespected on this team?
Originally posted by crusher49er:

He's one of my favorites and even I forgot about him. If we do draft Bosa, I think it's safe to say Blair makes 3. I'd be okay if they didn't draft anyone else on day 1 or 2.

So that would leaves us with Bosa/Jones/Buckner/Ford, with AA, Thomas, Blair, Street, Taylor, and Day as backups.

Yeah, we definitely need to move a guy. Going to be crazy, but after 5 seasons, 3 coaches, and regimes, we will FINALLY have a good Dline.
I also hope Blair is extended.
Only reason he's here is that he's on rookie contract.

Once we draft Bosa, AA should be traded for a draft pick. Not smart to pay 9 million for a back up.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Once we draft Bosa, AA should be traded for a draft pick. Not smart to pay 9 million for a back up.

Or pair him with a pick to move up. I wonder what the value would be. Definitely a starter at DE in a 3-4. Could start at DT as well;
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Poor-man's charles haley
Originally posted by crusher49er:

Becausethis coaching staff is fuxking stupid. They favor certain players even though they are horrible.

I hope he gets extended but he prolly wont be.
Excited so see a 4 man rush of Bosa Blair Buckner Ford

Last year Blair would be flying around the field making tackles. Hopefully dude takes another big step forward. Seems to be getting better every year.

It's a crime against humanity if we don't keep Blair because of AA
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Mar 16, 2019 at 6:33 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone