LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wonder if Garnett starts at LG, or RG to start? If Beadles can play RG, maybe we do that, or just leave Beadles at his natural position of LG, and let Garnett start at RG and then in a few years go to LG? One good thing, is that we have Garnett locked in for 5 years, and not 4 if we got him in the 2nd round.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Uh, Beadles.

i think hes camp fodder

i want brandon thomas to beat him out
Very solid, solid player. Did we have to move up to get him? I don't know, Seattle may have been dying him. Would have loved him at 37 and like him at 28.

Good player. Safe pick. Helps a weak unit.
LT- Staley
LG - Beadles
C - Kilgore
RG - Garnett
RT - Brown

OL: Martin, Thomas, Pears

So if nothing else, consider this getting Pears out of the starting lineup.
[ Edited by sspiker on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:42 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Solid pickup. Best guard in the draft. From stanford so you know hes not a dummy. Has a mean streak to him which is what these pansies on oline need to fall in line.

And was a 49er fan.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
nice job taking az's and seattle's pick

staley
garnett
kilgore
dont know
brown

yea!!

Uh, Beadles.

This draft is awesome so far for us. Building the trenches with two of the top players in their position. Instant two starters, with a bunch of picks to go
LT- Staley
LG- Beadles
C- Kilgore
RG- Garnett
RT- Brown

Compare that to last year. I want Hyde on my fantasy team. Dude is going to go for 1500 behind that line if he stays healthy.
smh
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 15, 2017 at 7:07 PM ]
Today was a good day. We got some much needed help in the trenches.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bors:
Right forgot about him. Only? Is right tackle. Can brown bring it?

brown looked great in his 2 starts at the end of the year

hes a beast

Great. We draft a G who can't even pass protect.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
i think hes camp fodder

i want brandon thomas to beat him out

What??? LOL.

Good god.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I agree with an earlier assessment. This was to jump another team the 49ers knew had interest. Probably the Seahawks, which makes it even better.

He was mentioned in several places as a great fit for them. They need to replace Sleazy and he is the sort of dominant run blocker that they love so its not all that unlikely. Best run blocking guard in the draft.
Every team passed on Myles Jack, so his knee must be very concerning. I'd thought that at this point, someone would have taken a chance on him because he's a pro-bowl level talent.

I was hoping we might trade up for Ragland or Vernon Butler. Hopefully this guy pans out, we really did need help on the OL.
Share 49ersWebzone