There are 170 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
I love how people are like "He would have surely been there at our pick" as if they know more than NFL people. I like that Baalke is being aggressive in getting the people he and Chip like. Poor guy can't win for losing. He's criticized is he's aggressive, he's criticized if he's not. It's not like we had room for 12 picks anyway...
I agree, and the more I let it digest, I don't mind the move up TOO MUCH. Sure we gave up a 4th and a 6th to do it, but we got the guy Chip and Baalke wanted, and we have a big need for him. There is no guarantee he would have been there, the Seahawks do need line help as well, along with others in between. I'm still stoked Buckner was there at 7, and most people were wanting to move up a little to get him. If pre draft, I was told that we would lose our 1st and 2nd rounds picks, along with a 4th and a 6th, BUT, we're guaranteed to have Buckner and Garnett, I think everyone would be stoked, just like I would have been.

Weird how we got it done, but it's done, and I'm happy :)
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
nice job taking az's and seattle's pick

staley
garnett
kilgore
dont know
brown

yea!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
How am I over reacting??

Just cause I don't like the move??

He must block NKEMDICHE!!! OH NOES!!!

So we don't pick for another 30 picks or so, but we have two starters so far and another 8 picks this draft.
[ Edited by sspiker on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:38 PM ]
yep, we are fixing both lines. I love it!!! now we can concentrate on playmakers
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
We got a stud player.

Enough complaining about wasting picks.

Garnett is a stud and so far this draft is beastly!!!!!

So what rounds are tomorrow? 2nd and 3rd?
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by juycho:
This not a bad value for what we gave up. He is considered the best guard in the draft. I would have liked Jack our line needs help though.

apparently his knee is very bad, he might be there in the third for us
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
i admit i don't know much about him

ESPN guys made fun of the pick

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2625340-2016-nfl-draft-big-board-matt-millers-top-400-overall-players/page/10
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Another one of Baalkes complete headscratchers.

My reaction as well. Seems like a bit of a reach. Could probably have picked him up w/o the trade. Wonder if they bought into a rumor that somebody else was going to get him. Just seems waaaay too early.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i think it was a good move. I think the seahawks were aiming for garnett and we snuck up on them. They were probably thinking garnett would be there anyways. I love it! especially since part of the reason they made the trade with the broncos was so that it would kill the kap trade

That is true. Good move Baalke. f**k Seattle!

Originally posted by VANiner:
Originally posted by judodono:
4th and a 6th???

We also gave up our 2nd

This guy is worth it tho. He's a 10 year starter

2nd?

I thought it was just 4th and 6ht???
[ Edited by NorthBay49er on Aug 6, 2017 at 6:22 PM ]
Baalke gets schooled by Denver/Elway, shows he's a big boy by trading up to the first for a third rounder. Genius.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Another one of Baalkes complete headscratchers.

How is this a headscratcher. He is a guy that the 49ers reportedly liked a lot, met with multiple times, good fit for what Kelly likes to do, also a perfect fit for Seattle and what Cable and their OL like to do. They gave up a 4th and a 6th for the #1 run blocking guard in the draft.
Nevermind. I see. He basically is
4th and a 6th???

We also gave up our 2nd

2nd?

Nevermind. He basically is our 2nd. Forgive me, I'm stupid.
4th and a 6th???

We also gave up our 2nd

2nd?

How would a 4th and 6th get you a 1st? Lol
Share 49ersWebzone