LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
I like that Baalke was willing to trade up to get a player they like. Arizona needs OL help too. They very well could have been targeting Garnett.

Not a sexy pick. But if you guys don't remember, our OL sucked both in pass pro and the run game. We need help on OL.
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
This guy and one more oline and we have a trench.
Great pick. This is a guy that both Kelly and Baalke were reportedly thrilled with. He's a beast in the run game and will help Kelly get that inside zone game with Hyde get going.

The 49ers added two players that could be Day 1 starters and two guys that both Baalke and Kelly are on the same page with.
We got 2 starters in the draft on day one. It's already a good draft. Yeah, we might have overpaid, but we got 2 players rated number one in their respective positions. AND we fixed 2 areas of greatest need on the team.
[ Edited by father49er on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:31 PM ]
Originally posted by blm7754:
I like that Baalke was willing to trade up to get a player they like. Arizona needs OL help too. They very well could have been targeting Garnett.

Not a sexy pick. But if you guys don't remember, our OL sucked both in pass pro and the run game. We need help on OL.

Agree
Not happy with moving up for Garnett. No doubt he would have been there for us in the 2nd. I wanted Jack with that pick, Jack would have been perfect to put next to Bowman.
We need O-linemen so we are going to see these unsexy picks. Reminds me of the draft where we selected Davis & Iupati.

If we don't win in the trenches, we won't win period!

Was he the best G in this draft?
FYI, we also got KC's 7th
It's solid pick, Hawks would have been all over it
We swapped 6th and 7th round picks, and gave up a 4th. More than I would've given up for this but not a huge haul.

no comment
[ Edited by NorthBay49er on Aug 6, 2017 at 6:21 PM ]
4th and a 6th???
Originally posted by sspiker:
We swapped 6th and 7th round picks, and gave up a 4th. More than I would've given up for this but not a huge haul.

Thank you, we went up like ten picks or so
Love this pick we gave up nothing considering how many picks we have...move up for the players you want! Two day one starters can't hate on that
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
Originally posted by 9moon:
2nd, 4th and 6th.... this guy woulda been there in our own 2nd round..

he now gets to block NKEMDICHE who just went to the CARDS!!!!!

Captain Overreaction

How am I over reacting??

Just cause I don't like the move??
Share 49ersWebzone