There are 234 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I thought Garnett was a good pick. Boy was I wrong.

I liked the pick too, Madden ratings s**t on him though...boy were they right

Madden ... lol.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Joshy will be breast feeding Jimmie Ward while both on IR by kickoff #BookIt
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I thought Garnett was a good pick. Boy was I wrong.

I liked the pick too, Madden ratings s**t on him though...boy were they right

don't be hard on yourself, almost everyone here had a hard on when they saw Baby G's highlight pounding some DB from U of Washington...

I really thought that he was going to be as good as the Pouncey Twins... not sure what happened to him..

Same here.

He won the Outland Trophy the year we picked him.

I thought we landed a gem instead we got a no-show.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's amazing how Garnett just keeps on getting hurt.
Can't we just combine hospital Ward thread with this guy? 😷🤕
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

With the money they raped us for, they could easily buy their own hospital.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Lol... but seriously, we couldn't find one vet guard out there who's willing to bust his a@s for a job? How much longer will they hang onto this hack??

Lol... but seriously, we couldn't find one vet guard out there who's willing to bust his a@s for a job? How much longer will they hang onto this hack??

G's/Depth = Not a priority ~ The Shanahan's

G's/Depth = Not a priority ~ The Shanahan's

Guess so... Jimmy g better work on that release.

Guess so... Jimmy g better work on that release.

We're just going to start side-snapping it to WRs and hope for the best lol.
We should keep him and let him health. He is good cheap his contract. We can sign him for cheap contract. He is good at offensive lines. I know. He is injury his finger.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
We should keep him and let him health. He is good cheap his contract. We can sign him for cheap contract. He is good at offensive lines. I know. He is injury his finger.
no,, he is not good and keeping a guy because he is cheap is a terrible reason for keeping a bad player.. what good is it if you have a zillion dollar quarterback protected by a 80 dollar lline
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Garnett and Ward both seem unable to avoid injuries. I don't like to use the term injury prone but I guess you could use it in their case. It's not just injuries that happen in the heat of action but the crazy stuff that seems to find them. The dislocated finger is normally not such a big deal but in his case the finger kept popping back out so they had to perform surgery. Call it bad luck or fate but these 2 guys can't catch a break.

Given their injury histories, and Lynch saying availability was important, the staff must see substantial ability or they would not keep them around.

Here is the thing, I think the big three porcelain dolls of Ward, Garnett and Smith were always intended to be back ups this year. We had guys in house who we know wont last a whole season but in spot duty for cheap they can step in for a game or two. Sure they are listed as starters to begin camp, but that is just carrot dangling to get people to take their jobs. Injury history isn't as big a deal when your basically retaining a backup on a one year deal. We cant go out and buy up a quality player at every position, its just not how you manage cap.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
no,, he is not good and keeping a guy because he is cheap is a terrible reason for keeping a bad player.. what good is it if you have a zillion dollar quarterback protected by a 80 dollar lline

Thing is not really that cheap either lol...dudes cap hit is just shy of $3M, no way should you be paying a backup OG that kind of cash.

Maybe some team that's a power running offense might be willing to give a conditional pick? Sucks cause he was pretty damn good in college.
Share 49ersWebzone