There are 155 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Won't pay Person, but franchises a kicker, pays AA $9M and puts hope in Garnett's health. This will end well.

I'm hoping they only see Garnett as depth and it makes since because he's cheap and knows the system. Again the key term here is *DEPTH*. This only works if they looking to upgrade Person completely by bringing in another guard - and I don't mean a low-mid-tier player who's just looking to finish his career somewhere at the NFL minimum.

Agree, but "depth" only works if it is usable...aka...healthy .There were times last yr our "depth" was based upon being able to fog a mirror but had nothing to do with being able to play OL. And that is no joke. Depth filling a position is not helpful if they can't play when we sustain an OL injury.
Won't pay Person, but franchises a kicker, pays AA $9M and puts hope in Garnett's health. This will end well.

Lynch is not going to pay person?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

That was the talk a couple weeks ago. That both sides were pretty far apart.

That doesn't mean they haven't closed the gap since though but we'll see. It could end up being another Fusco move.

That doesn't mean they haven't closed the gap since though but we'll see. It could end up being another Fusco move.

You cannot make this up!!!!!! Not only he has been the best interior player on the o line but he is the healthiest. And they don't want to pay him????

I ....I just cant
  • dj43

Typical agent talk. Both sides standing on a rock seeing who can pee farthest into the river.

Person started the year very well but dropped off in the last 1/3. Given his overall career, the early part of last season may have been the outlier.
Person sucks, he won't play the same next year.
Oh would you look at that. The FO finally learned.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/125295-49ers-exercise-joshua-garnetts-fifth-year-option-per-report/
My toe, my toe.
My toe, my toe.

So much this. When he was carted off the field for a toe I think he lost the locker rooms respect.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
My toe, my toe.

So much this. When he was carted off the field for a toe I think he lost the locker rooms respect.

Dude was carted off the field giving a thumbs up like he was paralyzed from the waist-down. LOL

The guy who makes AA and Ward's 5th year options look like a steal.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
My toe, my toe.

Dude was carted off the field giving a thumbs up like he was paralyzed from the waist-down. LOL

LOL why don't i recall this?

When was this?
My toe, my toe.

Oh would you look at that. The FO finally learned.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/125295-49ers-exercise-joshua-garnetts-fifth-year-option-per-report/

Shocker! An OL player actually has to PROVE they belong.
[ Edited by NinerGM on May 2, 2019 at 8:21 AM ]
Not doing the 5 year option is Huge wake-up call for Garnett.

Let's see how he responds.
Trash ass players like Joshua Garnett, Jimmie Ward & Arik Trashstead have no business being in a 49ers uniform. these weak sauce players just bring down the team instead of helping our cause they are hurting our cause to improve by holding roster spots hostage.
Share 49erswebzone