There are 163 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick

Originally posted by John_Candy:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/amp/49ers-haven-t-given-up-on-Garnett-13650498.php

"I would love for Garnett to step it up," Shanahan said at the NFL combine. "He showed us some good things this year, but he just has not been able to stay healthy long enough to become as a consistent of a player as his ability (suggests). That's what I'm hoping for."

"I'm just hoping he can come back and get in a full OTAs and a full training camp," Shanahan said. "With his ability, and if he can get in the practice time, then he should have a good chance to help us."

Thought he said this in 2018 offseason
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/amp/49ers-haven-t-given-up-on-Garnett-13650498.php

"I would love for Garnett to step it up," Shanahan said at the NFL combine. "He showed us some good things this year, but he just has not been able to stay healthy long enough to become as a consistent of a player as his ability (suggests). That's what I'm hoping for."

"I'm just hoping he can come back and get in a full OTAs and a full training camp," Shanahan said. "With his ability, and if he can get in the practice time, then he should have a good chance to help us."

dreaming and hoping and hoping that dreams come true. great plan
Still waiting for that extension....
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

dreaming and hoping and hoping that dreams come true. great plan

What's he supposed to say? "I hate him. He's fat and can't stay healthy." More expert analysis from the 'zone
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
What's he supposed to say? "I hate him. He's fat and can't stay healthy." More expert analysis from the 'zone

They'll say he's fat, has a poor work ethic, doesn't watch film and missed assignments on the day he's released.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Won't pay Person, but franchises a kicker, pays AA $9M and puts hope in Garnett's health. This will end well.

I'm hoping they only see Garnett as depth and it makes since because he's cheap and knows the system. Again the key term here is *DEPTH*. This only works if they looking to upgrade Person completely by bringing in another guard - and I don't mean a low-mid-tier player who's just looking to finish his career somewhere at the NFL minimum.
Keep forgetting he's on the team

But they gave up on Brown.

And they gave AA a one year deal
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Keep forgetting he's on the team

Dont u hate when u see his thread in 9er talk and then remember he's still on tha team ???

I do !!!

• bors
  • Veteran
Nah I want him to put it all together this year

Is this team going to pick up his 5th year option?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

But they gave up on Brown.

And they gave AA a one year deal

What we need is the Steelers' coaches and front office. They're so good at handling players whose contracts are coming up.

(But they are good at recognizing top talent, but not team players.)
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Mar 1, 2019 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
What we need is the Steelers' coaches and front office. They're so good at handling players whose contracts are coming up.

(But they are good at recognizing top talent, but not team players.)

Yea we drafted juju and washington in the past two years. I would like to see washington play for the 49ers but hes a good fit for pitt imo.

Im going to be really intrigued to see who the 49ers pick at 2. I hope its not bosa.
Won't pay Person, but franchises a kicker, pays AA $9M and puts hope in Garnett's health. This will end well.

It is possible that they know more than you, being they are actually there and not guessing, and get paid to do the job?
Originally posted by LarryLestersBuns:

It is possible that they know more than you, being they are actually there and not guessing, and get paid to do the job?

Yes and how has that knowledge worked out so far? Try Ward for instance...
Share 49erswebzone