There are 171 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Being good in college does not always translate to being good in the NFL. Some guys get by on their physical abilities but in the NFL you have to be able to play the game and get better. Guys like Armstead and Garnett are examples of physically dominant players in college who can't really play the game well.

Garnett was balling out in pre-season and his limited snaps before the toe injury.

Did you actually watch any games?

I'll add what we are seeing from AA last year is pretty much what we saw in college.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/amp/49ers-haven-t-given-up-on-Garnett-13650498.php

"I would love for Garnett to step it up," Shanahan said at the NFL combine. "He showed us some good things this year, but he just has not been able to stay healthy long enough to become as a consistent of a player as his ability (suggests). That's what I'm hoping for."

"I'm just hoping he can come back and get in a full OTAs and a full training camp," Shanahan said. "With his ability, and if he can get in the practice time, then he should have a good chance to help us."
He has to stay healthy. Not holding my breath
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM ]
Starting RG this year.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

This
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yeah that's like asking Jimmie Ward to stay healthy. NOT GONNA HAPPEN

This is his year! 4th Years a charm
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Starting RG this year.

All season long.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Starting RG this year.

for the Bengals...
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

lmao

Stay healthy this year just in time to pick up his 5th year like AA, Ward, etc...
I see a depressing cycle here
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

Stay healthy this year just in time to pick up his 5th year like AA, Ward, etc...

Won't pay Person, but franchises a kicker, pays AA $9M and puts hope in Garnett's health. This will end well.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

Won't pay Person, but franchises a kicker, pays AA $9M and puts hope in Garnett's health. This will end well.

To franchise Gould, I can make arguments for either way...
Some of the other moves with AA and Person and Ward I think are just bad decisions.

And people wanting OBJ instead of AB?? If the front office does this, then they are smoking something..
Why give up more picks then you'd have to for OBJ over AB?
And the "head case" should apply to OBJ as much as AB!

You'd get a ton of production from AB, and keep your 1st pick this year and next etc..

Stupid not going after AB
Originally posted by John_Candy:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/amp/49ers-haven-t-given-up-on-Garnett-13650498.php

"I would love for Garnett to step it up," Shanahan said at the NFL combine. "He showed us some good things this year, but he just has not been able to stay healthy long enough to become as a consistent of a player as his ability (suggests). That's what I'm hoping for."

"I'm just hoping he can come back and get in a full OTAs and a full training camp," Shanahan said. "With his ability, and if he can get in the practice time, then he should have a good chance to help us."

Thought he said this in 2018 offseason
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Thought he said this in 2018 offseason

dreaming and hoping and hoping that dreams come true. great plan
Share 49ersWebzone