LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by bigwads:
Rebuilding...one position group at a time. Baalke is going to rebuild the DL and OL first. Just like who we were before.

Next pick will be an OL.

I'd rather a great pass rusher in the second
Originally posted by bigwads:
Rebuilding...one position group at a time. Baalke is going to rebuild the DL and OL first. Just like who we were before.

Next pick will be an OL.

Garnett, Whitehair or Spriggs in the 2nd and Baalke will be killing it.
Anyone have any info of DeForest re: Gruden's comments that he takes on blocks set too high, and gets manhandled sometimes because of it. Gruden showed a couple vids to prove it? Any thots.?
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Apr 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Jiks:
Strengths moving forward
DL
TE
WR

Weaknesses
Rest of the team

Lol. Wrong again! Our strengths are DB and DL. We suck everywhere else
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Apr 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I'd rather a great pass rusher in the second

lol.....oh is that all.

I think the talent at OL and DL is a bit stronger in that round than at OLB.
He said he has a lot of family that are 49ers fans and they had their Niner flag out the second he got drafted.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hope he wears #99 and makes us forget about Aldon.
Who?
Originally posted by susweel:
If AA was any good they would have never made this pick. We could have had the RT that we needed desperately.

Do you realize that on the NFL and CBS "Draft redo's" of 2015, that Armstead goes higher than where we picked him? Now that doesn't really mean much, but it does indicate that analysts look at Armstead as a very solid player and was more than deserved where we drafted him.

Get over not taking Peters. Peters went to a team that had one of the best D lines in the league. He produced well with help. He would not have been as successful with us last year.

Just admit Buckner is a good pick and don't qualify it because of past decisions you disagreed with. Armstead and Buckner together could be special. You should be excited for that instead of trying to back your own personal stance of continuous negativity.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
lol.....oh is that all.

I think the talent at OL and DL is a bit stronger in that round than at OLB.
Well OL it is then. I just want a great OL and a strong front 7
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Anyone have any info of DeForest and Gruden's comments that he takes on blocks set too high, and gets manhandled sometimes because of it. Gruden showed a couple vids to prove it. Any thots.?

They said the same exact stuff about Calais Campbell who has been a multiple time Pro Bowler and Buckner is an even better prospect than he was. The guy played even better without Armstead taking up some of the offense's attention. He beasted out and had more TFL's than Leonard Williams, the #6 draft pick out of USC from last year had. He's also used to playing a s**tload of snaps. Now he just needs to get into a pro lifting program, add about 10 pounds to his frame.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well OL it is then. I just want a great OL and a strong front 7

Its not possible to fill every need this year. I would hope that they take care of OL because this is a good draft for it, then next year you don't have to worry about it.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Strengths moving forward
DL
TE
WR

Weaknesses
Rest of the team

IMO RB and S should be added to that list of strengths. WR TE should be removed.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 28, 2016 at 6:57 PM ]
Welcome to the team, Buck! Glad to have you here.
Share 49ersWebzone