LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Go get some wins first, then you''ll get respect. No one cares enough to watch a 4-12 football team besides the real fans.

I don't blame the players or the national media for the initial pro bowl snub either.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Jul 28, 2019 at 10:30 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Go get some wins first, then you''ll get respect. No one cares enough to watch a 4-12 football team besides the real fans.

I don't blame the players or the national media for the initial pro bowl snub either.

It's like fans forgot there are 31 other teams — all with defensive linemen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need me some DeFo.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He's gonna miss the top 100. Lol what a ****ing joke.

It's not a bad thing when our best interior Dlineman feels slighted by the league going into 2019

This, big angry man good for big bad sacks.

Deforest seems like the kind of guy to never actually be angry though. Nice guy honestly.

He is the rare player who doesn't need to "get angry" to be a crazy physical/imposing, dominant force. Just like you said...this guy also seems to be the nicest dude in the world.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Defo
Can't believe we haven't paid him yet. They're gonna wait till he's top 10 in the top 100 list. And an all pro so we could make him the highest paid defensive player ever.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Can't believe we haven't paid him yet. They're gonna wait till he's top 10 in the top 100 list. And an all pro so we could make him the highest paid defensive player ever.

Why would he take a deal now? Better for him to wait. Takes two to tango.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Were there any reports that we tried to negotiate?

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Were there any reports that we tried to negotiate?

Buckner said just two days ago that they'd do it either mid season or after the season.

Really no incentive for Buckner to take a deal now.

Sounds like he had a sack and TFL

I'm guessing from the FO's perspective, 12 sacks and 4 wins doesn't compute well with their models. From a simplistic view, it means he overachieved and got "low-impact" sacks or the team was so bad his sacks meant nothing. Assuming this season goes better, maybe they think they'll have more stable numbers to assess Buckner's price. Either way, I think it's worth watching his performance this season. If he can (continue to) prove it with Kocurek and non-tanking games, then a big contract is a win-win for him and the org.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sounds like he had a sack and TFL

Badass
We have seen time after time, the longer you wait, the more you get paid. Buckner will get a bigger deal after the season than he will now.
Share 49ersWebzone