There are 259 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man if we could get buck on this deal, I'd be happy...

You think Bucko and his gang would accept a similar deal?

No chance
this fool's madden rating is disrespectful.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

No chance

No chance, DeFo is a better player than Jarrett. Most sacks Jarrett had was 6, DeFo had 12 last year. DeFo will get a deal in the $18M to $20M a year range, he's gonna want what Jarrett got in GTD money, $42.5M fully if that's correct on Jarrett's terms. I still see DeFo signing a 6yr deal averaging $19M a year, with $65M-$70M in GTD money next offseason.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

No chance

No chance, DeFo is a better player than Jarrett. Most sacks Jarrett had was 6, DeFo had 12 last year. DeFo will get a deal in the $18M to $20M a year range, he's gonna want what Jarrett got in GTD money, $42.5M fully if that's correct on Jarrett's terms. I still see DeFo signing a 6yr deal averaging $19M a year, with $65M-$70M in GTD money next offseason.

that's why I was a bit surprise that NY85 even thought of a chance Bucko would sign such GREAT DEAL.... it just doesn't make any sense for a SUPERSTAR like Bucko to even look at that figure..

right NY??

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

On paper we're an elite Madden team. But in reality we're a 4 win team so EA is suppressing everyone's ratings.

Just grabbing a few teams for comparison:

# of Players rated 80+
LAR - 18
SFO - 15
DAL - 15
PIT - 14
CLE - 13
SEA - 12
NYJ - 10
ARZ - 10

Then consider that Goodwin is basically an elite WR in Madden because of his speed (in Madden speed kills). If you make Coleman your #3 WR and Breida/Jet the #4 then you're looking at the fastest, best run blocking , best RAC offense in the game (sans the lack of a mobile QB).

Also note that both of our starting corners are good (Sherman 93 ovr, Varrett - 82 ovr) too.

*If Bosa, Kwon, Warner, Ford and/or Thomas ball-out then we'll be an Elite team officially.
[ Edited by All22 on Jul 15, 2019 at 8:43 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
The Grady Jarrett deal looks like a win for the Niners as it relates to a Buckner extension. All of these deals matter, not just the super elite ones.

Very good call!
  • thl408
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

On paper we're an elite Madden team. But in reality we're a 4 win team so EA is suppressing everyone's ratings.

Just grabbing a few teams for comparison:

# of Players rated 80+
LAR - 18
SFO - 15
DAL - 15
PIT - 14
CLE - 13
SEA - 12
NYJ - 10
ARZ - 10

Then consider that Goodwin is basically an elite WR in Madden because of his speed (in Madden speed kills). If you make Coleman your #3 WR and Breida/Jet the #4 then you're looking at the fastest, best run blocking , best RAC offense in the game (sans the lack of a mobile QB).

Also note that both of our starting corners are good (Sherman 93 ovr, Varrett - 82 ovr) too.

*If Bosa, Kwon, Warner, Ford and/or Thomas ball-out then we'll be an Elite team officially.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

No chance

Jarrett and Buckner are different players at different positions. Jarrett is very valuable because he's so good against the the run yet also adds to your passrush at the NT spot. There really isn't another player like him while at Buckners spot you have Chris Jones, Autry, Reed, Watt who compare. It's kinda like what we have in our fullback in that, he's probably the only one who can catch 70 balls in a season if you need him to, Jarrett is unique in that way.

It's not apples to apples with them but I do agree Buckner is slightly better overall.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Jarrett and Buckner are different players at different positions. Jarrett is very valuable because he's so good against the the run yet also adds to your passrush at the NT spot. There really isn't another player like him while at Buckners spot you have Chris Jones, Autry, Reed, Watt who compare. It's kinda like what we have in our fullback in that, he's probably the only one who can catch 70 balls in a season if you need him to, Jarrett is unique in that way.

It's not apples to apples with them but I do agree Buckner is slightly better overall.

I love Defo as much as anyone(see first page of this thread), but I'd have a super difficult time choosing between he and Grady Jarrett.

I'd probably lean Grady Jarrett... He can play nose and 3tech, super stout against the run everywhere and is a tenacious pass rusher. I also have a bias for squatty, explosive interior rushers.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 19, 2019 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I love Defo as much as anyone(see first page of this thread), but I'd have a super difficult time choosing between he and Grady Jarrett.

I'd probably lean Grady Jarrett... He can play nose and 3tech, super stout against the run everywhere and is a tenacious pass rusher. I also have a bias for squatty, explosive interior rushers.

I'm the same way.

He also was the reason that the Patriots were behind so much in the super bowl. He was dominating against Tom Brady.

I seriously think the team needs to sign DeFo to a deal thats worth $19-$19.5mil/season for either 4 or 5 years now before the season starts. Because if he balls out and gets another 15 or 16 sacks or more this season you know that number is only going to climb that much higher.
Originally posted by philgardis49:
I seriously think the team needs to sign DeFo to a deal thats worth $19-$19.5mil/season for either 4 or 5 years now before the season starts. Because if he balls out and gets another 15 or 16 sacks or more this season you know that number is only going to climb that much higher.

With Bosa and Ford in the wings this year and an improved Thomas and Armstead, it's unlikely he'll replicate last season statistically.
Look what Chris Jones did with Dee Ford and Justin Houston in Kansas City. If he can get that many sacks with those guys, Im pretty sure we could squeeze out another 12 sacks for DeFo with him now getting some help from Bosa and Ford. At least 1 of these guys should have a wide open lane to the QB at some point during all plays because we have 3 of them now. So if 2 of them get doubled the possibility of 2 of our defensive players either sacking the QB or causing a turnover. This is why I say pay him now, because who knows what happens if he does get 15 sacks like Chris Jones then what? The price tag my friend probably hit at least $21 or maybe $22 million/season depending on how free agency goes for others on the market. But if anything either way I cant wait for the season to start to see the guys get out there and play.
Originally posted by philgardis49:
Look what Chris Jones did with Dee Ford and Justin Houston in Kansas City. If he can get that many sacks with those guys, Im pretty sure we could squeeze out another 12 sacks for DeFo with him now getting some help from Bosa and Ford. At least 1 of these guys should have a wide open lane to the QB at some point during all plays because we have 3 of them now. So if 2 of them get doubled the possibility of 2 of our defensive players either sacking the QB or causing a turnover. This is why I say pay him now, because who knows what happens if he does get 15 sacks like Chris Jones then what? The price tag my friend probably hit at least $21 or maybe $22 million/season depending on how free agency goes for others on the market. But if anything either way I cant wait for the season to start to see the guys get out there and play.

Signing a new contract is a 2 way thing. What if Buckner or his agent don't want to sign this early?
Originally posted by English:
Signing a new contract is a 2 way thing. What if Buckner or his agent don't want to sign this early?

Yeah I think SF would love to pay him right now...I think Buck is waiting to see what Jones gets
Share 49ersWebzone