There are 247 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
where's NY85??

Still waiting for his response to this??

ahhh I brought up money because you said this

and I'm 98% sure that you wont give the rest of the players you listed above the money Donald got..

You damn well know the QB market is vastly different than any other position when it comes to contracts....be better Moon.

MONEY was never the way I looked at that.. you named 5 DTs and believe that all "top 5 " are SUPERSTARS.... and that's why I said, that you'll NEVER give Donald's money to the rest of those guys...

NOW, would you???

THE POINT I'm trying to make to you is that, just because you give top dollar to certain players (who cares about their position) it DOES NOT make them a SUPERSTAR..
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Agree with the list, that's no doubt...

but NO way, they're all SUPERSTARS..

.. and I'm 98% sure that you wont give the rest of the players you listed above the money Donald got..

Fletcher Cox got a $103 million dollar deal. Jarrett is gonna get $90-$100 million same with Jones and Buck. You're not giving that kind of coin out to just good players.

You're comparing Donald, who's not only the best DT but best defensive player in the NFL. That's not apples to apples. You can be a superstar and not have to be the best defensive player in the league. You do know that there can be more than one superstar

WHY are you basing it on the MONEY that a player was given? That's just the market.. do you know how much we OVER PAID Grappy, and he's not even close to being a STAR just yet..

Wentz will be making more money that Russell " rumpelstiltskin " Wilson , does that make him a SUPERSTAR???

where's NY85??

Buckner is the second best player in the NFL at his position.

IDGAF about meaningless subjective labels like "star" but what would you call the second best qb in the NFL?

Agreed on this WooLick, DeFo is the 2nd best Interior DL in the NFL IMO, just behind Aaron Donald, and will get PAID big time. I also couldn't care less about labels, but if we're gonna talk them, DeFo is a star, and the most underrated DL in the NFL. 12 sacks without an EDGE rush presence is remarkable.

who was arguing about Bucko being the 2nd best DL in the league??

the argument is whether he's a STAR or a SUPERSTAR at this moment...

The kid from KC had more sacks than Bucko, does that make him a SUPERSTAR???

.. and I'm 98% sure that you wont give the rest of the players you listed above the money Donald got..

Fletcher Cox got a $103 million dollar deal. Jarrett is gonna get $90-$100 million same with Jones and Buck. You're not giving that kind of coin out to just good players.

You're comparing Donald, who's not only the best DT but best defensive player in the NFL. That's not apples to apples. You can be a superstar and not have to be the best defensive player in the league. You do know that there can be more than one superstar

WHY are you basing it on the MONEY that a player was given? That's just the market.. do you know how much we OVER PAID Grappy, and he's not even close to being a STAR just yet..

Wentz will be making more money that Russell " rumpelstiltskin " Wilson , does that make him a SUPERSTAR???

where's NY85??

IDGAF about meaningless subjective labels like "star" but what would you call the second best qb in the NFL?

Agreed on this WooLick, DeFo is the 2nd best Interior DL in the NFL IMO, just behind Aaron Donald, and will get PAID big time. I also couldn't care less about labels, but if we're gonna talk them, DeFo is a star, and the most underrated DL in the NFL. 12 sacks without an EDGE rush presence is remarkable.

Chris Jones benefited from Dee Ford, and Justin Houston as EDGE rushers, like I said DeFo had no help, sure 5.5 sacks from Marsh, but he had more sacks than all EDGE rushers combined for the 49ers in 2018.

Ding mother fing ding! Nice AB I was Going to make a post but you literally said everything I was going to say
I quit worrying about how much we pay these guys a long time ago. That's Paraag's job. As long as they can fit these guys under the cap then there is no problem. Saying we overpaid for a guy is pointless if he produces. If he doesn't then he'll be gone. The salaries will keep escalating so just enjoy the game.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

The longer you wait the more you will pay.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Dan " The Man " Marino once told Shannon Sharpe that " TALK IS CHEAP "...

IF NO ONE CAN BLOCK YOU, then PLAY AND PROVE IT...

Don't be like Aldrunk Smith talkin all kinda crap like " NO ONE CAN STOP ME WHEN IM ON TOP OF MY GAME "... he must have been talkin about LIQOUR !!

where's NY85??

Define "Suoerstar" and a "Star" using measurables..
It is a subjective term. Is the second best QB in the NFL a Superstar?

Don't be like Aldrunk Smith talkin all kinda crap like " NO ONE CAN STOP ME WHEN IM ON TOP OF MY GAME "... he must have been talkin about LIQOUR !!

Moon-
MONEY was never the way I looked at that.. you named 5 DTs and believe that all "top 5 " are SUPERSTARS.... and that's why I said, that you'll NEVER give Donald's money to the rest of those guys...

NOW, would you???

THE POINT I'm trying to make to you is that, just because you give top dollar to certain players (who cares about their position) it DOES NOT make them a SUPERSTAR..

dude you brought up cash....you're point is all over the place . You seem to NOT realize there can be MORE than one superstar at said position. That's you're problem.

da f**k you even talking about lol? Throwing out random quotes and talking about Aldon Smith in any regards to Buck? Show what? He already DID it

Thank you! He decided not to answer that part of your question....
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Thank you! He decided not to answer that part of your question....

sorry but I wasn't done... I just wanted to answer your question about MONEY and your TOP 5..

the second best QB in the NFL issssssssss A superstar !!! I'm not sure why you would not know that..

the question you need to ask yourselvesssss is, WHO is the 1st and 2nd BEST QB in your mind.... as in, at this MOMENT !!???
Back on subject please.
sorry but I wasn't done... I just wanted to answer your question about MONEY and your TOP 5..

the second best QB in the NFL issssssssss A superstar !!! I'm not sure why you would not know that..

the question you need to ask yourselvesssss is, WHO is the 1st and 2nd BEST QB in your mind.... as in, at this MOMENT !!???

Doesn't matter who the 2nd best QB is, he's still a superstar (you could throw Brady/Rogers/luck/brees etc into that spot).

The point is when you're that highly regarded at your position you're f**king good. Dare I even say superstar

Bucker is near the top of his class among DTs...that's the whole point.

Moving on
Share 49ersWebzone