There are 171 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
This argument star vs. superstar is the definition of "splitting hairs."

Let's just say he's bad-A$$ and call it a day .

It's all nonsense lol...if moon can't admit a player that's top 5 at his position isn't a superstar then he better do the same at every other position. Mahomes is the only "superstar" at QB. Zeke is the only "superstar" at RB etc 🥴

Do you really see Mahomes as a Superstar?? - I personally do not.. NOT after ONE great year!!

Do you consider the DT (Chris Jones) from KC Chiefs a Superstar??

AGAIN, being on top 5 at your position does not make one a SUPERSTAR..

It's ONLY a list of 5 players.. NOT necessarily means all 5 are SUPERSTARS..

in fact, can you list your TOP 5 DTs in the NFL today??
Originally posted by 9moon:
Do you really see Mahomes as a Superstar?? - I personally do not.. NOT after ONE great year!!

You and I clearly have a different idea of the word "superstar"

top 5 DTs IMO

1. Donald
2. Fletcher Cox
3. Deforest Buckner
4. Chris Jones
5. Grady Jarrett/Short

IMHO when you're top 5 at your position and are getting double digit sacks with zero around you...that does make you a superstar. There's a reason he's gonna get paid $18+M per yr. BECAUSE he's really f**kING good

agree to disagree...per the norm with us

top 5 DTs IMO

1. Donald
2. Fletcher Cox
3. Deforest Buckner
4. Chris Jones
5. Grady Jarrett/Short

IMHO when you're top 5 at your position and are getting double digit sacks with zero around you...that does make you a superstar. There's a reason he's gonna get paid $18+M per yr. BECAUSE he's really f**kING good

I was writing the same list I just have Jarrett @4 and Hicks/Jones @ 5.

I still have wet dreams of a dline consisting of Bosa, Buckner, Jarrett, and Ford.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

top 5 DTs IMO

1. Donald
2. Fletcher Cox
3. Deforest Buckner
4. Chris Jones
5. Grady Jarrett/Short

I forgot about Hicks! also a stud. Yeah Jarrett is really good. I got Jones a little higher though.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

top 5 DTs IMO

1. Donald
2. Fletcher Cox
3. Deforest Buckner
4. Chris Jones
5. Grady Jarrett/Short

I forgot about Hicks! also a stud. Yeah Jarrett is really good. I got Jones a little higher though.

I think Jones is really good but I'm taking into account both pass and rush defense and chiefs we're terrible against the run from what I remember. Also easy to get a ton of sacks with our boy Ford and Houston on the edge.

I also kinda embarrassed I didn't put Geno Atkins on my list. That guy is a beast too.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Agree with the list, that's no doubt...

but NO way, they're all SUPERSTARS..

.. and I'm 98% sure that you wont give the rest of the players you listed above the money Donald got..

.. and I'm 98% sure that you wont give the rest of the players you listed above the money Donald got..

Fletcher Cox got a $103 million dollar deal. Jarrett is gonna get $90-$100 million same with Jones and Buck. You're not giving that kind of coin out to just good players.

You're comparing Donald, who's not only the best DT but best defensive player in the NFL. That's not apples to apples. You can be a superstar and not have to be the best defensive player in the league. You do know that there can be more than one superstar
I love how his biggest issues are with Buckner, our best player on defense, and Staley, one of the top LTs in the league lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Fletcher Cox got a $103 million dollar deal. Jarrett is gonna get $90-$100 million same with Jones and Buck. You're not giving that kind of coin out to just good players.

You're comparing Donald, who's not only the best DT but best defensive player in the NFL. That's not apples to apples. You can be a superstar and not have to be the best defensive player in the league. You do know that there can be more than one superstar

WHY are you basing it on the MONEY that a player was given? That's just the market.. do you know how much we OVER PAID Grappy, and he's not even close to being a STAR just yet..

Wentz will be making more money that Russell " rumpelstiltskin " Wilson , does that make him a SUPERSTAR???

Originally posted by illinois9er:
I love how his biggest issues are with Buckner, our best player on defense, and Staley, one of the top LTs in the league lol

I was worried a little bit when we lost SY... the torch has been passed.

Or just maybe, the webzone will always have that flame lit no matter what.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

WHY are you basing it on the MONEY that a player was given? That's just the market.. do you know how much we OVER PAID Grappy, and he's not even close to being a STAR just yet..

Wentz will be making more money that Russell " rumpelstiltskin " Wilson , does that make him a SUPERSTAR???

where's NY85??

Still waiting for his response to this??
where's NY85??

ahhh I brought up money because you said this

and I'm 98% sure that you wont give the rest of the players you listed above the money Donald got..

You damn well know the QB market is vastly different than any other position when it comes to contracts....be better Moon.

where's NY85??

Buckner is the second best player in the NFL at his position.

IDGAF about meaningless subjective labels like "star" but what would you call the second best qb in the NFL?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

where's NY85??

Buckner is the second best player in the NFL at his position.

IDGAF about meaningless subjective labels like "star" but what would you call the second best qb in the NFL?

Agreed on this WooLick, DeFo is the 2nd best Interior DL in the NFL IMO, just behind Aaron Donald, and will get PAID big time. I also couldn't care less about labels, but if we're gonna talk them, DeFo is a star, and the most underrated DL in the NFL. 12 sacks without an EDGE rush presence is remarkable.
Share 49ersWebzone