LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
he's got the potential to be great, but all last year, I saw nothing but a HAUDINI magic from this guy..

he'd be there during the 1st quarter, then wont hear his name all game long after...

time to be GREAT YOUNG BUCK, time to be GREAT !!!

Teams adjusted when they realized we couldn't bring other pressure. You will hear his name much more this year.
he's got the potential to be great, but all last year, I saw nothing but a HAUDINI magic from this guy..

he'd be there during the 1st quarter, then wont hear his name all game long after...

What do you expect when you have little else on the line? I mean he had 12 sacks on a team with nothing. He's not Donald but he is elite. Last year he was our only elite player
DeFo after the team added Bosa and Ford

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

Imo he could have a DPOY type of season given the talent we added around him.

Imo he could have a DPOY type of season given the talent we added around him.

It's within reach given what he achieved with little help last year.
Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:
If you're named the MOST underrated then can you really be underrated?

This is entirely rhetorical. Buck is a monster and I think he is underrated from a league standpoint but realistically when is the last time the 49ers have had someone who hasn't been viewed that way? Kittle set a record last year and there are still plenty of people saying he's not in the elite class.

When the team overall isn't good most of that actual good players get overlooked.

Like Frank Gore early in his career. Dude would rush for near 100, but we had to stop running the ball because we were down by so many points.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Even if Haudini.

After Staley's extension, really hoping Buckner is next - hopefully it can happen this offseason.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Even if Haudini.

It's 9moon so it's probably Harry "the Haudini" Houdini
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
After Staley's extension, really hoping Buckner is next - hopefully it can happen this offseason.

It's best for Buckner to wait. Needs to eat into the Niners leverage and attempt to cash in on all the help he now has. Niners have can easily control him for 4 years at predictable amounts as it stands.
If Solomon Thomas plays good this year, what's the chances of us trading DeForest for a 1st rounder? I know it's not the ideal situation but if Seattle let Frank Clarke walk, then it's possible. I know we have the cap space, butt a lot will depend on what he wants and how they see themselves structuring the team going forward. That being said, if Buckner has another great season, there's gonna be a s**t storm in here if they let him go.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
If Solomon Thomas plays good this year, what's the chances of us trading DeForest for a 1st rounder? I know it's not the ideal situation but if Seattle let Frank Clarke walk, then it's possible. I know we have the cap space, butt a lot will depend on what he wants and how they see themselves structuring the team going forward. That being said, if Buckner has another great season, there's gonna be a s**t storm in here if they let him go.

Zero chance
Share 49ersWebzone